Pa State Inspection Sticker - 1968

I have seen almost every year out there, but I have never seen (for sale) 1968 Pa State Inspection sticker. Anyone know of any for sale, just something I'd like to put on the "68.

I have used this guy plus I gave his number to others who had good luck with him for orginial PA inspection stickers. Met him at Hershey a few years back and have not dealt with him for at least 3 years. The 412 area code may have changed?<P>Clair Yeager<BR>3017 Vernon Avenue<BR>Pittsburg, PA. 15227<P>412-884-3479

Teddy, sorry, I already have a plate, got it at a show for $10.00, mint, even a OOOOO number in the sticker, means a new dealer plate, sorry, thanks for asking, maybe someone else will read it. <BR>Ron, I will give him a call, thank you very much.

Ron:<P>I am curious....and maybe this is not really for you, but anyway...<P>Are there people out there that sell orig. inspection stickers? I wish I could find such a thing for my 66!! Thought it would be cool, but didn't think I would ever find one...mind you, I wouldn't want a PA sticker, I would be looking for a 1966 California inspection sticker. I have the original CA Black Plates on my 66 Chevelle SS, and the rear plate has the correct 1966 registration sticker on it too.....it's just for SHOW purposes, the car and the Plates, The car was originally built and owned in CA.<P>So, does this guy you speak of, only have PA stickers? and does anyone know of a '66 CA inspection sticker wherabouts??<P>Thanks<BR>Mike

66 Mystery Chevelle asked: "..and does anyone know of a '66 CA inspection sticker wherabouts??"<P>I only moved to California in 1978 so I am totally sure of the previous requirements here. I did, however, visit my relatives in California quite often in the 1950s and 1960s, so I am pretty sure on this answer:<P>There have been no "inspection stickers" in California in the last 25 years. Nor to I think there ever were inspection stickers in use in this state. <P>That annual inspection sticker rip-off seems to be more of an East Coast thing.<P>Now, I do happen to have a nearly complete set of unused 1979 to 1997 registration stickers for your California plates. Left over from the years that my 1933 was in pieces but registered anyway. I figure that in another few years I can start selling them as antique accessories.

Guest Dave Mills

If somebody calls this guy with inspection stickers, please post the results. I am also curious if they are available.

66 Mystery, The guy with the inspection stickers approached me on Saturday a few years (3?) back on the day of the show at Hershey. He had with him a whole book of mostly PA unused or punched stickers, however he also had a few other states of which I am not sure which ones. At first I was not going to buy one but the guy beside me was from Florida and he was looking at the 55 stickers. In fact the guy was 10' away when my senses kicked in and said where are you ever going to find a orginial PA sticker. We each ended up buying one from him at $20 each. They were in perfect shape.<P>About a year or so ago a guy saw my sticker on my 55 Pontiac and stated he would like one (PA) for a 60's Corvette that he was restoring to NCRS judging standards. Somewhere later I ran into him at a show and he said he had bought one from this guy and was very happy. That is my experience with this guy.<P>I was also told by him that on the 50's cars the PA inspection sticker was on the passenger side and not the driver side as we are all used to here in PA. I do not know what years this happened in however I know in the 60's the stickers were on the drivers side. Should probably check some old pictures out to verify however on a 50's car with a spotlight and autronic eye it makes sense to have the sticker on the passenger side. <P>A orginial inspection sticker really tops off a restoration. By now there could be reproductions? Its odd having a sticker on your car that says Milton Shapp governor. Good luck!

I called the next day, and left a message on the answering machince. So far no reply. I will try again this weekend. If I hear anything, will post. Is he a vendor at shows, or did you just "run into him"?

The answers given by ply33 regarding California inspection stickers are pretty much on the mark. The only thing that I can think of that could be interpreted as a state inspection sticker was a little (< 2" sq.) sticker placed on the windshield that had the nomenclature "California Highway Patrol" and an emblem on it.<P> During the late'60s and very early '70s, the CHP set up road blocks between the A.M.&P.M. rush hours with time out for lunch to check for vehicle equipment problems, registration infractions, etc. They were set up and managed much the same as todays sobriety check points. Upon succesful completion of the "inspection", the little sticker was placed on the inside of the windshield. We used to call them "Mommy Driver Stickers" because the majority of vehicles that were stopped were driven by housewives.<P> It obviously was a very unpopular program and was abandoned by about 1973 if I remember correctly.<P> Another thought about badges and stickers: Some marque concours will limit the number on "Unofficial" badges and stickers displayed on a car. For my particular marque, two grille badges is the limit.<P> Tom

Thank you Ron, I finally got in touch with Clair Yeager. After 2 phones calls, I finally sent him a letter, and he called me tonight. He had one and the check is in the mail tomorrow! Now if the rest of the car was that easy!!!! Thanks again to all.