Another set of fenders to I.D.

GDenton

Hi again, in my never ending search for fenders for my 34 Dodge pickup, I have located another set that are advertised to fit a 35 Dodge. They are not like mine, so I don't think they are identified right. I thought I would show you a picture, and if you figured out what they were for, I could call the guy and tell him. Some of you might also be interested in them. It was advertised as both fenders and the hood for best offer. They are under Craigslist in Seattle. 360-391-2448 Thanks, Guy

post-82468-143138941814_thumb.jpg

post-82468-143138941816_thumb.jpg

Guest johnhorace

These fenders look like they're from a 1935 Dodge sedan or other passenger vehicle, from photos I've seen (see Google). As you probably know, 1933, '34 and '35 pickups use front fenders similar (or identical) to those on 1933 Dodge passenger vehicles.

To the contrary,

Those are only fenders and a hood, and looking for a home at that.

Apparently, if you find a hood and some fenders from an old car or truck, that only means that it was hot rodded........to some. It couldn't possibly mean that the vehicle may have been wrecked and all that was left were the fenders and hood.

To the contrary,

Those are only fenders and a hood, and looking for a home at that.

Yeah I guess that was sorta a negative comment, I guess we can only hope that the rest of the car was so ate up with cancer ( due to neglect and abuse from previous owners ) or so terribly wrecked that it was un-restorable and is now pushing up daises.

This sounds so much better a fate that the alternative I was suggesting in my previous post ;)

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

It tugs at my heart strings too to see parts like that separated from their parent vehicle. They are in waaaaay better shape than any panel or part on my vehicle that I am attempting to breath new life into.

I guess there could be a meriad of reasons why they are being sold seperately. Best case it could be a good thing, and the owner has had them sitting around for 25 years and hopes someone else can put them to good use. Worse case, someone is destroying a restorable vehicle for profit.

Its not a perfect world, and we can only do what we can in our little part of it but its also kinda nice that people feel passionate enough about it to put their opinions out there.

Edited by Dodgy6 (see edit history)

looks to be 1936 dodge to me , i'm also on the search for a good set of fenders

Jen

Yes....SIMILAR, but not the same. The fenders and hood are for a 1935 Chrysler Airstream 6.

Yes....SIMILAR, but not the same. The fenders and hood are for a 1935 Chrysler Airstream 6.

yes i see now , so very similar

Jen

So Jen, what vehicle are you looking for fenders for? I'm looking for 33-35 Dodge pickup. On this forum, I found out that Repros are started to get made again in steel. KCL, did you get any prices on those repro fenders, or is it if you have to ask how much, you probably can't afford them? Thanks, Guy

So Jen, what vehicle are you looking for fenders for? I'm looking for 33-35 Dodge pickup. On this forum, I found out that Repros are started to get made again in steel. KCL, did you get any prices on those repro fenders, or is it if you have to ask how much, you probably can't afford them? Thanks, Guy

i heard repro are being done for rear fenders for 1/2 ton truck 1933 to early 1935 those are sold at 1500 a pair . you pay first then they make them from my understanding.

the fronts i havent found anyone making those yet but this same party said they would in time if there was enough demand.

for myself i am looking for 1/2 ton fenders front and rear along with runningboards. this is likely going to be a very long term project since i dont have much money.

Jen

Jen, Dodge City Vintage is supposed to be making front and rear fenders for our trucks. Their phone number is 209-984-5858. Their email address is info@dodgecityvintage.com. I have called them, and left messages, and emailed them, but haven't heard anything back yet. If i have been educated right by the members on this forum, any Dodge sedan, 33-35, with a 111 inch wheel base is the same from the front doors forward, so the fenders, running boards, hood should all interchange. Also the front fenders from a 33 plymouth, will fit if you don't want the scalloping on them. Maybe KCL can retrain me if that info is wrong. He is an expert on that year truck. What part of the world are you in? Bye from Guy

Jen, Dodge City Vintage is supposed to be making front and rear fenders for our trucks. Their phone number is 209-984-5858. Their email address is info@dodgecityvintage.com. I have called them, and left messages, and emailed them, but haven't heard anything back yet. If i have been educated right by the members on this forum, any Dodge sedan, 33-35, with a 111 inch wheel base is the same from the front doors forward, so the fenders, running boards, hood should all interchange. Also the front fenders from a 33 plymouth, will fit if you don't want the scalloping on them. Maybe KCL can retrain me if that info is wrong. He is an expert on that year truck. What part of the world are you in? Bye from Guy

i have dealt with mike long ago for a pair of doors for a 1952 dodge truck . from my understanding mike passed away and now someone named David is helping with keeping the business going. i have a different number to contact them with that i will send to you by PM as i dont know if this number is to be given out pubicly. this place isnt to far from me so i do plan to go there and see what they have and how much they want for what i am looking for. i also did ask pricing but wasnt given anything on used parts was just told to drive up and see so i will have to make arrangements to do that .

Jen

Guest johnhorace

For more on the Dodge City Vintage repro fenders for '33 Dodge and '33/'34/'35 KCL see the thread in this forum (Dodge and Dodge Brothers) that starts "New STEEL! Repro of Dodge car........." I have passed this info on to the editor of the DBC News.

Edited by johnhorace
add'l info (see edit history)

Guest DodgeKCL

When I talked to Dodge City Vintage last week the guy said they were making the front fenders now because we discussed that difference in Dodge and Plymouth fenders mainly the 'spear' detail up the front. We also discussed the similarity between car and truck front fenders in the years '33,'34 and '35. He then talked about the rear fenders and we discussed the fact that rear 1/2 truck fenders are unique to the trucks. As far as I know the car and truck rear fenders will NOT interchange. The front fenders will and as I've said before I only had to give one bolt head on the KCL frame a bit of clearance on the inside lip. The 'heel',where the running board mates up, measures 13" the same as the car and ,as I sit here I can't remember the overall top contour measurement possibly 76"?,but it is also the same as the car. I'm waiting for him to find something for me and then I'm going to e-mail him back at the that 'info' address. It's the same one he gave me over the phone but I notice it's not on the site. I'll try to straigten out my story on his repro fenders and get back here.

BTW there is another "Dodge City" on the internet. You will notice it's Canadian and it's in Ontario. I actually know Peter Rabin personally through years of hanging around automotive fleamarkets. I'll vouch for Peter if anybody is having any reservations about dealing with him. He does actually have a store on a highway not too far from me with a lot of old Dodge trucks and cars littering it. I suppose if you ever had a problem with Peter,which I can't see you having, I could always stop by and try to clear up the problem. And ,no, for you Yanks I'm not being paid for this.

Quote..........I could always stop by and try to clear up the problem. And ,no, for you Yanks I'm not being paid for this...........Not everyone needs to get paid KCL and that prob. never crossed too many minds on this site.