1930 1-1/2 Ton Serial #?

Guest DBRdster

Guest DBRdster

Hey Guys,

I have a 1930 Dodge 1-1/2 ton truck, and I'm having some trouble on where I can find the serial ID to get this registered. I bought the body in pieces to fix up. I had a frame, but got rid of it. I think there might of been a # on the frame, but was an idiot and didn't get the # before I got rid of the frame. :o

I have the main cab. Is there any other place a serial # might be stamped? I've looked on firewall, dash, under dash, both door posts, inside and out, and I see nothing? If there is no # on the body anywhere, how else do I go about getting a # for this truck?

There was one plate on the inner wall, but it just showed, different models and their load rating.

Thanks for your help!

Guest pmoody

Usually the DOT or MTO will accept the engine number as the vin which is what they used for registration back then,

Guest DBRdster

The only problem is I don't have the original engine. The engine I have for it is a flathead 6 out of a 55 Dodge truck. I'm not sure if I could use the 55's number of not since its not from the 30 Dodge? Probably not.

Guest DBRdster

Thanks hwellens! It looks like I have the F model truck. That would be great if you could look up the range of serial numbers for me for the "F" model truck.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DBRdster

I could but I got the truck in pieces, so it's not too recognizable. Trying to upload a picture, but not having any luck?