I got a phone call today

DAVES89

from my local U Pick [Gibsons]. I was in yesterday and saw that they had just gotten in a '89 Riv. Got the essentials.

Today they called and said they just got another '89 in. The counterguy [brad] tested all the electricals [iPC, Headlight/Wiper Pods, and CRT]. He claims they work as they should. I am going back tomorrow.

Anybody ever hear of that happening?

Turkey dinners every Thanksgiving and sodas on occaision go a long way!

Guest Richard D

I gave the person who de-gasses the incoming cars $20.00 and some of my cards to please call me when a reatta came in. I told there would be more cash after I looked at the car. That was a year ago. I called him about a week ago, he just returned my call and said no Reatta's came in and only one Riv that was in a fire and had nothing useable but scrap steel. This is the only U-Pick in Miami, not exactly a small city of three million people. I wonder if they are going somewhere else and being "rebuilt"?

from my local U Pick [Gibsons]. I was in yesterday and saw that they had just gotten in a '89 Riv. Got the essentials.

Today they called and said they just got another '89 in. The counterguy [brad] tested all the electricals [iPC, Headlight/Wiper Pods, and CRT]. He claims they work as they should. I am going back tomorrow.

Anybody ever hear of that happening?

Turkey dinners every Thanksgiving and sodas on occaision go a long way!

I guess you could say free meals and an occasional soda is a bribe.

So today I go out there to follow up on the lead, and the counter guy who called me, asked if I would pull a headlight assembly for his Chevy Malibu. Did that first, brought it in for his approval, and then went out for my stuff.

Found the Riv. Hooked up the power station and everything worked. Car har 267000 miles on it. Pulled the IPC, CRT, and the Headlight Pod [i left the cassette deck and the Wiper Pod as I no longer have any use for more unneeded inventory]. Looked at the CRT and it has a rebuild sticker on it from United Radio out of N.Y. Paid $30.00 for theafore mentioned stuff. The stuff I got Wed. [iPC, CRT, Headlight/Wiper Pods, Cassette deck, Air Box] paid $55.00 for.

Pretty good week.

So as I am not interested in keeping a lot of stuff on hand, I would like to offer some items for sale in the Buy/Sale portion of the Reatta website. The prices will be good and the merchandise is tested and as good as any offered by any of our Reatta vendors.

BTW they had a fill in "yard guy" and he told the counter guys that as they were going to regrade the Reatta/Riv area that he was going to crush ALL the cars in that area, no matter what, they [the counter guys]came to my defense and told him that under no circumstances was he to do that, as the cars are still good and that there is activity in regards to having parts pulled from them.

So it looks like I am good there for awhile...

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)