online video review of our Riviera

NCBRIJEN

I just had this fellow complete an in-depth review of my 91 Park Ave and 89 Riviera that he will be posting soon on YouTube on his channel saabkyle04 . I attached a link to his write up in Car and Driver magazine as well as his link to his YouTube channel if your interested.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/how-saabkyle04-became-the-king-of-youtube-car-reviews/

1989 Buick Riviera w/ CRT Interface Demo Start Up, Exhaust, and In Depth Review - YouTube

Cool video. I have only area in which I'll challenge the videographer. At the 5:30 mark on the video he's describing the engine and 1/4 mile times. 17+ seconds at "134 mph!" :eek: Not very quick, but it's faster than all get out when it gets to the end of the strip. I wonder where he got those figures.

BUT, it is an excellent example of a great car. Congratulations on both the car and the coverage.

Ed

Thanks for the comment Ed, I appreciate it. I believe the figures that Kyle quotes are from the research that he does before he reviews each of the vehicles that he reviews. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

VERY nice Riviera!

Neat video/review too! I might just see if he wants to add a '93, a '95, and a '99 to his list of cars/Rivieras?!?

<O:p</O:p

Maybe you will be able to make it to the "Rivieras at the Park" this year in NC with your '89? I am planning for September this year; you can see the recap of last years on the ROA web site under the Regional Coordinators page.

<O:p</O:p

Once again, that is a very nice Riv!

Guest Rob J

Ed, he was referring to the top speed of the car "134" mph, not his trap speed at the end of the 1/4

Nice car. Cool technology for the time.

I listened to it again and can hear it that way as well. However, is 134 mph actually attainable for this car? Anyone out there with a stock '89 Riviera putting out 165 hp who can substantiate this claim?

I love the car, and it's "neat" that there's a video of it out there. The owner has to be very proud. I'm just wondering about the top end claim. Does anyone have any GM info on a claimed top end for this car?

Ed

Ed: I Can say that I have gone over 110mph with this engine but that was in my 1989 Reatta ... I personally have not gone over 90mph in the Riviera but then again I have not attempted to go any faster so I guess it could reach the 134mph if I kept the pedal to the metal... for a while??. :)

Guest jcc3inc

This is amazing!! This 89 looks just like my 93 except for many small details. Mine has the sunroof, 56K miles.

Thanks for the video.

JCC

Hey Rawja:

YES, you are correct the inserts are suede... just like the 1988 Reatta. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Did you move to AZ? The last time I was in contact with you... a while ago..., you were in NY and ended up picking up my 1989 Reatta (silver/gray/moon roof) very cheaply from some guy up north who purchased the Reatta from the soldier I sold it to who tried to take out the windshield and broke it... Did you part it out or decide to fix it up? Just curious..<o:p></o:p>