1937 plymouth PT50

Guest stevenm

Guest stevenm

Hi,

i am wondering if any one could look up these mopar part #`s for me and tell me if these will fit a 1937 plymouth PT50.

Frame front spring hangers, Mopar part number 665311 and 665310

Thanks

Steve

My 1936-48 parts book says the 665311 (Front Spring Hanger, left) fits a 1937 P3 or P4. The 665310 is the front right spring hanger for those same two models.

The book has double stars for the PT50 for those parts which means "No Longer Supplied". I interpert that to mean that the PT50 ones were different but, unfortunately, cannot give you the part numbers you are looking for or how it might be different from the above.

Thank you...hate buying parts i don`t need..You wouldn`t know where i could get a gas tank for my truck.

thanks

The only car I've needed to repair/replace a gas tank for was a '57 VW. And that was decades ago. So I'm not the best reference for that. I do see ads for tank repair services and on the street rod sites ads for new tanks, but I have no experience with any of those vendors.

I will say that I'm skeptical of liners in fuel tanks as fuel additives change over the years and who knows what they'll put in gas ten years from now and how will that affect a liner that is designed for today's gas...

Edited by ply33 (see edit history)

Steve, If you have your old tank you might contact a good tin shop in your area to build you a new tank. I had one for my "36 Dodge made and it's just like the original. The tinner put the baffle in and all the reinforcements in for the fuel gauge ,filler neck and ports. It was all rolled and soldered galvanized steel so it won't rust. Wasn't cheap but worth it. Might be your answer! Jim