1926 Studebaker Hearse

stude24

Oh,my! Only about 10-15 miles from me. And I NEED another project like I need another hole in my head. Good thing we got 8-10 inches of snow this afternoon or I'd be driving over there to look. Hmm, the weather forecast is for 50 degrees on Monday...

I did go to see it today. Interesting Big 6, extremely long. I could not find a body tag or serial number anywhere, but it's definitely a Studebaker. Boy, does it need work! The rear fenders are inside, so it's nearly complete. Of course, hood edges, door bottoms, etc. are rusted through, roof wood is rotted, but it could be saved with a lot of work. See photos on my post over at the SDC Forum site, General page.

The price seems negotiable. If anyone is interested, I could be talked into picking it up on my trailer and delivering it somewhere in the Northeast, maybe even York. You pay gas and expenses (my Expedition gets 10 mpg when hauling heavy freight).

Guest newstew

Hi Gary ,I was gonna look at it too, I am in R.I. But my problem is ,I am a very poor window shopper,so I would more than likely buy it and scratch my head all the way home,The girl Becky said the casket rollers were supose to be in it somewhere ,,Did you see them? Thanks Kenny Z,

Guest tommygfunk
Gary, anyway you can post the photos here? You need to be a member on SDC to see them.

I'm curious just to see more photos.

X2 Gary! I would also love to see more on this coach. It looks to be a Cunningham or a Holcker body,Without a tag it is nearly imposable to tell from these Craigslist photos. That is definitely a car to bring back bone stock. That would look great in black. I absolutely love the old hearses and ambulances. If the amblewagon was not the main project I’d pound the last nail in my coffin by buying that. Please post the photos here.

Guest tommygfunk

Even in its current state that is a beautiful coach. It would be a project to bring back, but WOW it would be worth it! If anyone looks let me know if you find a coach builder name on it.

Guest GhostandTourCo

Well, I saw the thread here while researching and thought I'd post a few lines. For better or worse, I purchased this hearse on Saturday!!! Should be picking it up sometime in the next week and can't wait. Obviously it's going to be a ton of work, but what fun, and what a unique vehicle. Pre-War coaches are incredibly hard to find, and a Studebaker at that. I can tell that this forum is going to come in very handy for this project...