Reatta or Riviera floor mats

Bushwack

In the car I just bought, there were 4 pairs of OEM floor mats. 1 pair with the darkened Reatta emblem and the other three like the sample on the right below.

Is the mat with the darker emblem (to the left) created for '88 & '89 models only (or were they a fluke in the manufacturing process) and did the Riviera use the same mat?

7663-reatta-floor-mats.jpg

The mat on the left was the mat for the 88 89 Reatta it is reversible and had snaps for a plastic grid to attach on the bottom. The tan button covered the snaps on the top side. I think that Barney still had some of the plastic grids to keep the mat from moving. The R is a patch that is glued onto the mat The mat on the right was for 90 91 it has plastic grippers built into the back of the mat.

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

I agree with all the above and can only add that I believe that all 1988 mats had the vinyl loopes to attach the grid. Which would equate to all 1989 would have the snaps.

Also the 1988-1989 mats were reversable, I don't think anyone has done a indepth study but some had plush carpet (like the stock carpet) on one side and loop on the reverse but others probably 1989 had plush on both sides. This early design had a bonded on "R" logo and the embrordery work was done in the interior color on a black background, these were on both sides.

The 1990-1991 mats had interior color matching plush carpet on the top with the "R" logo sewn directly to the carpet. The back was black plastic/rubber with the nubbies to keep them from slipping.

Reatta, Riviera, Toronado, Eldorado, and Seville all used mats with the same "footprint" but their interior colors seldom matched the Reatta.

I do still have some reproduction 1988-1989 "R" logos for carpet in all colors, I am very low on the tan and have no plans to have more made. The price is $7.00 per patch 4 for $25

shipping included.

I will also share my method of attaching (reattaching) the logo.

First to assist in getting them in the correct location, I use masking tape as a guide on two sides, (example top and right side)

I use hot melt glue......... apply a ring of glue about 1/4 inch from the edge all around the back side of the patch plus and "X" in the middle.

Borrowing the wifes toster oven, I put the patch into the oven and watch the hot melt.....

when it starts to flow, I take it out with pliers, position it against my guide tape and making sure it is straight, apply pressure to bond it to the mat.

I usually then put a brick or some other object on it until it cools.