FS: 1964 Riviera with 410 nailhead

Bushwack

Come on, everyone knows the 63 Riv had a 409 and a Torque Flight Transmission, not a 410 with the Powerglide. What's wrong with people???:eek::P

The description actually makes you wonder if the guy didn't transplant a two barrel, low compressioin,, regular gas 401 for the original engine. That 401 was in fact called a "Wildcat 410" Probably still running the two barrel carb and that was the air cleaner with 410 decal that came with it and was the only thing that would fit it.

Ed

OK Riviera People: This car actually looks pretty good from the pictures and it's priced closer to earth than the majority of other first-gen Rivs offered. Of course there's no substitute for getting a vibe with the seller over the phone and an in person inspection. I have seen many sellers say things like power glide transmission instead of the correct name. I feel this is really no big thing and usually quite harmless. Some things many sellers do that I dislike is say "no lo-ballers", give the blurb describing the history of the Riviera ( or any other model for that matter) and of course an ever too common utterly ridiculous asking price.

Mitch

Edited by lrlforfun
adding more copy (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Someone may have just installed a "410" intake and carb from a LaSabre to save gas with a 2 barrel carb. Basically the "410" was a 401 with thicker headgaskets and probably a different cam which lowered compression ratio and torque.. At the price, it's definately worth a look to check block serial number code and the rest of the car.

:) kaycee