50'S STYLE VISOR??

Can anyone tell me where I might find one of the original style visors(exterior over windshield) that were used on the mid-50's cars?? Specifically for a 54 olds 88?? Have searched the web and ebay with no results. confused.gif" border="0

there are some people making repro ones - look in Hemmings. Original Fulton ones aren't hard to find, either. The factory visors are more difficult/expensive.

fordee, please describe the visor - the one I'm looking for sweeps to screw to the rain gutter - the braces don't show like on a Fulton<BR>split55555@aol.com

SPLIT 55555, what kind of car are you trying to locate a visor for?? I need one for a 54 olds 88.<p>[ 03-09-2002: Message edited by: 54 OLDSMAN ]

I'm looking for a factory visor for 41 1/2 - 50 Packard. Careful on the Olds visors - I don't know about your year, but for some 50's Olds, there are different visors for different body styles (i.e. sedan and 2 dr hdtp don't interchange)

OK, I took some photos of the visor and hopefully PeterG will add them to this post soon. The visor measures 51.5 inches from side to side and is not adjustable like Fulton visors. The center bracket also is not adjustable. The photo of the end shows some louvres and some holes where it apparently screws to the car.<P>As I said before, I have no idea what it fits! Anyone have any ideas? rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>For anyone interested, I have $75 invested in it and will let it go for that amount plus shipping. wink.gif" border="0

Thanx peterg, the above pictures are the style visor I have in mind. I've got some info that leads me to believe they are original equipment. BIG JIM'S in texas has fiberglass reproductions and they look just like them. Thanx folks for all the imput and any more info is appreciated. I'm a little leary of fiberglass because, a reliable source told me to stick with the original ones. wink.gif" border="0

One just sold on ebay a little over a month ago for over $500. It was in fair shape (some rust) and it was for a 4 door still on a 55 Pontiac. There is a difference between a 2 and 4 door. When I bought mine 5 years ago for a Pontiac the guy had one of each and they did have different part numbers.<P>I have a phone number at home from a different guy I spoke to 4 years ago that had a NOS one for a 4 door. I think he was asking around $600 at that time. Do you have a 4 door? As I understand it the only difference are the end brackets that get drilled in to the roof. I could not see the difference between a 2 and 4 door.

RON, <BR>The 54 OLDS is a super 88 4-door sedan and it came from your neck of the woods. Lancaster PA to be exact. Big Jim's fiberglass reproductions are $299. + shipping. $600. would be a little out of my reach right now. Thanx for the info.

There is a Fulton visor on E-bay now.Heres is the link<P><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1812602722&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>Fulton Visor</A><P>It looks like it came off a Buick but may fit yours. Right now its only 67 dollars.<p>[ 03-15-2002: Message edited by: Bill Stoneberg ]