What brake wheel cylinders are you guys buying?

Guest Rob J

Rockauto has a few different brands such as Raybestos, Dorman, Centric, and the prices vary substantially. Just wondering what you 65 owners have had luck with in regards to the wheel cylinders for both front and rear. I'm doing a complete brake overhaul on my driver.

When I last checked I could not get new US made wheel cylinders in any brand. If you find some I'd like to know.

I use old stock US made parts in whatever brand I can find at flea markets, usually EIS or Raybestos. Big Buicks including Riv's used the same part numbers for several years.

John

When I last checked I could not get new US made wheel cylinders in any brand. If you find some I'd like to know.

I use old stock US made parts in whatever brand I can find at flea markets, usually EIS or Raybestos. Big Buicks including Riv's used the same part numbers for several years.

John

John, it's hard to get virtually any US made auto parts any longer. Heck, it's hard to get almost anything US made any more for that matter.

John, it's hard to get virtually any US made auto parts any longer. Heck, it's hard to get almost anything US made any more for that matter.

Very true, and since I'm still using the original style single-reservoir master cylinders on my cars I won't take a chance with foreign parts unless I have to, especially the off-brand stuff sold in the discount chains.

Guest carlbraun

John

Guys

Rock Auto is where I bought my wheel cylinders and I was able to get the good stuff. I started about a year ago and saw that Rock Auto was closing out a lot of their brake parts...cheap. Cars, Inc was offering un-branded wheel cylinders for $44 each or so. I was able to buy the close out Bendix (made in USA) wheel cylinders for $5 each...I bought new sets for my Riv and my old Jeep Wagoneer. But I had to buy two sets from them before I got ALL USA made items...some were made in Mexico. It was nice to see the Bendix parts with a lable that reads "HECHO EN USA"

Rock Auto still has cheap prices on closeout items but they may or may not be made in USA but they are vastly cheaper that what the catalogs are offering where you are almost assured to get CHINA or MEXICO-made parts.

Stick with Bendix or Raybestos stuff...the latter now offering most of their stuff from Mexico.

• 1 month later...

Just got my Raybestos wheel cylinders in, among other brake stuff, from Rock Auto, and 1 of the cylinders says Made in USA, while the other 3 are Made in China :( Kind of a bummer, but hopefully they will work ok.