Dodge Roadster Bodies

TKelly

Hi Guys,

Can someone please describe to me the different bodies fitted to the 1925 Dodge Roadsters? And also what are they called? I have read on the forum people referring to the different bodies and I have always wondered the difference and also I have been confused about them.

Thanks, Tristan.

Not sure what you mean. A 1925 DB Roadster is just that. A Roadster. Maybe you are referring to trim levels? Standard vs. Special? No Sport Roadsters until 1926, and again just fancier trim, etc. A roadster by definition is a car with 1 seat (2 people) no roll up windows, a bolt on windshield, an a folding top. A Cabriolet (convertible nowadays) has roll up windows and a fixed windshield and foldable top. 1st DB Cabriolet was late 1927 in the 124 Model.

Your avatar is a roadster.

Hi Dave,

Sorry I should have been clearer in my first post. Basically I'm wondering what the difference is between the different bodies so like Budd body etc. Also the car in question being Australian bodied would mean it would have which body? Also what are the unique features of each body?

Thanks, Tristan.

Very few Budd bodied roadsters (image 1) were imported to Australia due to the tariffs applied to imported bodies. T J Richards did body many Dodges (image 2) but the majority were fitted with Holdens bodies (image 3 - my car).

post-44825-14313868074_thumb.jpg

post-44825-143138680744_thumb.jpg

post-44825-143138680745_thumb.jpg