65 Riv arrives downunder

fatbuick

Hi everyone,

You may have seen my Wanted Ad in the Riview a few months ago.

An elderly gent contacted me from Maine about this one which he's owned for 41 years. The guy did not have email or a digital camera so I had it checked out and pics taken for me by a local ROA member. 65riviera65riviera

Tony's 65 Riviera

I got it just over a week ago and have spent all week cleaning up the interior, removing the pin striping, and checking everything works. Only one seat belt.

I have not found a spot of rust anywhere which was my main concern.

It has a genuine Gran Sport engine with the LX code and dual quads. Drives and stops beautifully but runs a bit rough so have sent the Carters out to be overhauled because they were leaking fuel.

My intention is to make this one into a street rod with air bag suspension and I've ordered a set of Torque Thrust wheels 16x7".

There's a few items I need if anyone here can help please contact me off-list from my web site: Tony's 66 & 71 Buick Riviera and 66 Wildcat Convertible Downunder

1) Rear bumper brackets

2) LH front 1/4 "Soft Ray" Glass

3) RH Door "Soft Ray" Glass

4) More matching seat belts or just the buckles.

http://www.mako.com.au/buick/65riviera/buckle.jpg

5) Thin chrome mold at bottom of RH rear 1/4 between the door and the back wheel well.

I've bought a 65 Chassis Manual on eBay yesterday so I look forward to getting that so I can fix a few things.

Look forward to enjoying this car because it's a beautiful model and compact compared to my other two Buicks.

Beautiful car, Tony!

If you keep this up, you will soon have a Riviera from each generation. (Maybe that's your plan...)

What you need no is my 2 CD set of all of the 1965 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins. $12 plus my actual postage cost to Oz. I think you have my e-mail addy, that works for PayPal also. If not, sent me a PM.

Tony,

Nice find.

Jim's instructions for the dual master cylinder swap is on the ROA website in the Member's Only section under Tech Tips.

Unless you're wanting the manufacturer's stamp on the glass, you can probably have your local glass shop cut them for you. They're flat glass.

A quick Google search for seat belt latches should get you started in the right direction for a match of a pair of replacement belts.

Ed

Jim Cannon, I would like to get the CD's you mention and I can pay by Paypal. The email address I have for you does not work

OK, PM sent.

Most people put comcast.com instead of .net and that messes up.

I need your mailing address to figure postage up to Oz. Pls send in e-mail.

Jim