Wanted 1920 Buick timing gears k-44 6 cylinder

just me

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

21 and 22 are interchangeable with 23 if you have all three gears I think 20 is different ...Superbuick contact me on your engine...condition, price and picture as I have both a 21 and a 23 and would like to put together a serviceable spare.

According to The Standard Catalog of Buick, 1903-2004, Buick introduced the 242 cu. in six for the 1918 model year - bore & stroke 3 3/8 x 4 1/2. The 1923 engine had a larger crankshaft, harder cylinder castings and stronger connecting rods, pistons and main bearings. No other changes are listed from 1918 through 1923. However interchangability should be verified by an expert in early 20s sixes. In 1924 the engine was bored out 1/4 in. to 4 3/4 giving 255 cu. in.

For 1922 the part number for the cam shaft and oil pump gear assembly is 47243. The timing gear set is part number 45025.

I'm running 23 gears on my 1921....21 and 22 were the same the 23 gears changed the angle of the tooth and the cam gear was changed from fiber back to all metal......I got the gears from John Beatty he had a spare 23 engine

John B... I have your 22 engine when can I bring it Back? Drop me a PM