1937 Cadillac Series 65. Expensive car cheap!

This is a well maintained example of a FULL CLASSIC Cadillac. Flathead V8 powered and toured a great deal by my family. The interior is original and showing age. The brightwork is original still presenting quite well. Some glass shows discoloration and splitting. The paint is a few year old scratch and shoot... maaco in fact. There are a few areas on the body, mostly between the drivers side rear door and rear fender that are a little soft, but you need to look for it. Nothing has been hidden on this car, it is very honest. An electric fuel pump has been added but is rarely needed. We do not give this car the attention it deserves. We don't have room for it and we would rather spend our time and money on brass cars.

The Caddy will be heading to Auburn and there is no intention of bringing it back. $18,000 OBO.

Located in Lafayette, Indiana.

Owner: Joe Goss (765) 427-7078 (after four thirty)

Owners son: Patrick Goss (765) 490-5634 (anytime)

post-43514-143138644079_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently so. It really is a nice car and has been a lot of fun, but with all the brass cars to maintain, the longing for another Model A, and the lack of space to store what we have, we'd love to see it move on. We are growing a little more comfortable with the idea of keeping it though. A full classic that can run down the interstate with the modern cars or be driven to work when your driver is in the shop isn't a bad thing to have.

"The Caddy will be heading to Auburn and there is no intention of bringing it back. $18,000 OBO. "

and it went to Hershey and now is on ebay ...

it the market really that soft for this kind of car?

Is the market soft? I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a whole lot about '37 Cadillacs & their value. I do know that when a car is offered at several venues & the reult is no sale, then it usually indicates it is overpriced. If it was a really good deal, wouldn't somebody have snatched it up already?

Guest prs519

With one caveat, George, at least one. Perhaps car would find a few buyers at 10K. right now. But suppose in a couple of years, the economy reverses to be more in line with what we all were more or less use to for several years before the wall street shenanigans. Then the car might be "worth" twice his current asking price. Yes it is sad that wall street shenanigans even plays havoc with the values of our vintage autos. Not the value of the car that changes, but the perceived value of the money buying it! Ya think?