Floor mats for 1963 Riviera?

Adambravo

Looking to get floor mats for my '63, which has the standard blue vinyl interior. Ebay doesn't seem to yield much in the way of results, and I saw the reference to Legendary Auto Interiors, but I think I'd prefer something to match the blue.

Have found three possible sources, and I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with these (or have another suggestion). Thanks in advance...

1963-1976 Riviera Floor Mats, Carpet Matched - Protect your carpet with these color matc | Interior Soft Trim | OPGI.com

Auto Truck Trim Supply

Buick Riviera Floor Mats, Set of 2 - 1963, 1964, 1965

Looking to get floor mats for my '63, which has the standard blue vinyl interior. Ebay doesn't seem to yield much in the way of results, and I saw the reference to Legendary Auto Interiors, but I think I'd prefer something to match the blue.

Have found three possible sources, and I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with these (or have another suggestion). Thanks in advance...

1963-1976 Riviera Floor Mats, Carpet Matched - Protect your carpet with these color matc | Interior Soft Trim | OPGI.com

Auto Truck Trim Supply

Buick Riviera Floor Mats, Set of 2 - 1963, 1964, 1965

I read through the Legendary catalog. They offer the original style in blue and it seem that you can even order a custom color. Another option would be to find a set of the rare carpet insert accessory used in place of the floor mats. They are a plastic mat with chrome ribs going through them. I have a set for my car and they're pretty cool if only for their novelty.

Guest Kingoftheroad

Years ago I bought the black rubber mats with the white tri-shield on it, I love em !! Gives the interior a finished / complete look.

I believe I bought my mats at Cars, Inc.

Edited by Kingoftheroad (see edit history)

The OE Buick mats came in all sorts of colors. When I bought my Black '63 with the white interior, it had white mats in it. Both the front and the backs. The original mats are the best fitting ones. Those mats had seen years of wear on them so I took them to an upholstery shop and had them covered in the same 80/20 black loop as the carpet. I then had a heel pad installed on them and had the upholsterer edge then with a vinyl strip. Once in place, you could not tell that there were mats in the car. Everything looked as if the only thing showing was the carpet. They were easy to remove and clean and they saved the OE carpet.

You might want to consider having an upholstery shop make you a custom set. Make a template for each side that covers everything you want. Take it to the upholstery shop and have them sew some carpeting on to some backing they'll have in stock. Add a heel pad and you'll be set. I just did the same thing with my '85, but for it I had a full length mat made that covers the entire front floor.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)