New Guy

Guest Birdman

Guest Birdman

Hello,

I just purchased a 65 Riviera. It's black/black, 401 w/dualquad setup.

It's in good shape overall but needs some help.

At this time the wipers, blower motor, A/C, and power seat are not working.

First question I have is how do I get at the wiper motor?

I am sure i will have many questions to follow.

Thanks

David

Billerica, MA

First of all, welcome. Second, congratulations on your purchase. Third, for a new comer you picked on one of the hardest tasks to ask about. The wiper motor is on the firewall between the inner fender and outer fender. It is said that it can be accessed by propping up your hood and removing the driver's side hood hinge. I've never done it, but have heard that this will work rather than remove the fender. Make sure it's not a fuse first.

Ed

I have done it that way, Ed. Removed the hood, removed the driver side hood hinge, then got to the motor. Still had to loosen the bottom fender bolts (I forget why) but that was way better than removing the fender. Also have to remove cowl to get to wiper "transmission" mechanism. All in all, a big job.

I think there is a Service Bulletin out on this job. Lots of mechanics of the day were challenged by it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BIGRIV

Hey David, how's it going? If you have any pics of your Riv, you should post a few. I'd really like to see it, the 65's are bad ass! I love the clamshell headlights on them... I live not too far from you (Somerville). Have you taken her to any local shows?...