New member from Finland saying hello...

Guest Lasse

Guest Lasse

Just got my ROA membership card so I thought I´d introduce myself:

My name is Lasse Huuhka and I hail from Tampere, Finland. It seems I´m the fifth or so ROA member in this fair country of ours, so we´re not exactly making a crowd here.

I drive a -63. Standard 401, Dynaflow etc. I bought it in January, so this is pretty new to me. The car has been in Finland from 1990, and from what I know it spent a year or two in Sweden before that. It´s in a pretty good shape, and it´s been in good hands earlier. There´s very little rust anywhere and she runs like a dream. She´s pretty original, some minor changes under the hood (new carb etc.).

Why did I buy a Riviera? Well, I got hit with some kind of age-crisis or fever last winter. I just had to have an American classic car. I searched for a few months and then came across the ad for my Riv. It was love at first sight! Absolute beauty, class and power in a unique combination. The deal was struck in 2 days and here I am.

I´ve been mostly wrestling with water issues this summer, she leaks horribly from both the windshield and the rear window. There is some rust starting to form in the surrounding area so that´s something I need to deal with. Also by the sound of it I would say the ball joints in the front are in need of some work.

I´ll be bugging you all with questions from now on, hope you can handle it!

post-75661-143138607552_thumb.jpg

post-75661-143138607566_thumb.jpg

Welcome to ROA and the Forum Lasse. I bet that 63 is a real eye catcher over there! Glad you are with us.

Definitely address the window leaks ASAP but be prepared for some rust repair. Wondow leaks left unattended means rusted floors as well. Very common.

Happy Rivving!

Guest Rob J

Welcome to the madness. That is a nice 63! I think most of these cars at this age are leakers. You'll certainly want to remove the front and rear widows, repair any rust in the channels, and have them professionally re-installed.

I just bought a 65, and the car is very solid, but does exhibit leaks in the front and rear windows. It is on my to do list.

Edited by Rob J (see edit history)