Master cylinder help

Guest Grega

Guest Grega

I have a Bobcat tractor(no relation to todays bobcat) It was used to plow side walks in the north east. It uses many car parts. The rear ends and brakes are 39-40 ford i beleive, the rims and tires are jeep, and the master cylinders are off some unknown vehical. The unit is cria 1950, and has a kohler engine. Now the brakes on it need some work and new wheel cylenders. The master cylinders are in need of replacement or significant work. They are Wagner Lockheed # FE 1(5 or 3)(8 or 3)80. Im just wondering what they origionially were on, and where i can find parts or prefabaly replacements. Also where is the best(cheapest) place to bye 1939-40 ford wheel cylenders. The pictures are of one master cylinder, and the whole unit. Thanks in advance

-Greg

Hello all, I just checked my 1946 Wagner Catalog. It appears as if the Master cylinders are listed with 4 digit numbers after the FE. The master cylinder for that year Ford V8, Merc, Zephyr, etc is an FE 1050. Group # 29. As for the wheel cylinders the 39-40, for the "60" "85" Deluxe 85 & commercial car is listed as FD 4500 for the LF & FD4501 for the R F. & the LR is FD 4506 and the RR is FD4507.

Hope this helps also in on the price section it doesn't even list prices for any of them.

Fred D

Guest Grega

Just realized i forgot pictures. After removeing the second master cylender i realized that it has a 7/8 bore, while the first one has a 1 bore. Amazingly the master with the 1 bore has zero pits in the cylender, so im just going to hone it, clean it and put a rebuild kit into it. The second master is just the oppisit, its pitted bad. Im going to have it bored to 1 inch so that the two masters are the same, and to remove the pitts.

-Greg

post-77195-143138598344_thumb.jpg

post-77195-143138598355_thumb.jpg