Help! Looking for a 1928 Pontiac my grandfather owned

Higgs

Hello. This may be a bit of a long shot but:

I recently joined the Antique Automobile Club of America website, as part of my efforts to locate a car that my grandfather used to own. The 1928 I'm looking for was owned by my grandfather for about 50 years, and was sold around 1996 by an auction company based in Rantoul, IL. (The auction house unfortunately doesn't have a record of it anymore). From what I can remember, it was sort of a olive green color, with chocolate brown colored fenders, with wood spoke wheels. It was a sedan. I've got the numbers for it somewhere, along with some original documentation (registration, etc) from when he bought the car.

We rode in a couple of parades in the car when we were young kids, and I remember seeing it stored away in the garage years after that.

I'm hoping to locate the car so that I can know where it is, and even if it's not for sale at the moment I can give my contact information to the owner so that if/when it does become available I might be able to purchase it to get it "back in the family".

Any information would be appreciated! Even if it's only a suggestion for where else to go to look, or people to contact.

Thanks!

Chris Higgins

email: unirvt at gmail.com

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
hi chris, there are 42 1928 pontiacs in the pontiac oakland club international, your best chance to to put in an ad in either the smoke signal, or the early times chapter's newsletter. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Still looking for this car. Submitted ad to Smoke Signals, etc... no replies.

• 1 month later...

:) Do you have a old picture of the car by chance, or do you remember whether it had landau bars on the rear upper of the top? The color combination you gave indicates it was a sport sedan which was a four door sedan with landau bars and your color combination. Regular 4 dr, sedans were two tone dark blue with black fenders.

:) kaycee

• 2 weeks later...
There is this one like you describe at the Nethercutt collection....Redirect Notice

Yep, I've already contacted them. That's a nearly identical car to my grandfather's, with the possible exception of the tan colored roof - I can't remember if his had that or not.

However, the numbers indicate that that car was built a bit before the one I'm searching for was.

Thanks for the tip!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...