quick question about pricing

Guest buhh1112

Guest buhh1112

Hey guys new to this forum. just found a 1928 dodge 4 door sedan body for sale near me. it is in near perfect condition no extras just the body. the guy wants 1750. is this a decent price for that body?

Guest 1930

Seems high if you go by current pricing, just a body and only a body in real good shape might even be high at a thousand, you have to remember that a complete 26 D.B just sold on ebay recently for 202.00

Guest 1930

If that is the car you are considering, Keiser is right that is too high, I assumed you were getting complete body, I asked the seller John about the hole in the back, his answer to me was ........Hi! I believe it was where the trunk was.There is no panel.Thanks..............I dont know enough about that body to comment any further on it except that the cut looks awfully neat.

If it were in good original condition I could imagine paying that much, however, it certainly looks like the rear inner fender tubs were replaced (rather crudely I might say) and one has to then wonder what other rust might be lurking. I would certainly take a very close look (and a magnet) before making an offer.

Guest buhh1112

thanks for all your input. i was planning to streetrod it but now i am definitely having second thoughts about the price. do you think like 1200 would be better? and i did notice the tubs but wasnt too worried about that. thanks all

thanks for all your input. i was planning to streetrod it but now i am definitely having second thoughts about the price. do you think like 1200 would be better? and i did notice the tubs but wasnt too worried about that. thanks all

I was actually thinking about 1/2 of that. Somewhere around $500.00 to $700.00.