fixable?

By the looks of it, you probably need to replace the center section of the stainless, not the whole bumper. I don't have any perfect ones but Larry Carlson would likely have that. The photo is difficult to see.

Guest Lee_M

i thought it was about the bent stainless as well. do you mean the rubber separation, and what looks like a slight tear on the front face of the rubber?

Edited by Lee_M
stainless replace chrome (see edit history)

Guest My TC Toy

The torn plsatic is the licence plate holder, isn't it? The only other danage, except the small dent, is the hole in the stainless. The hole is probably not worh the effort to repair. You could get a small piece of chrome tape, cut out a circle and tape over the hole. It would not be invisable but would be less noticeable.

Who won "Spot The Damage" contest?

Bob

Edited by My TC Toy (see edit history)

I can't tell from the photo what exactly you are looking for, but it appears that the valance is pushed back a bit exposing one of the rivets on the stainless steel. That valance can usually be pulled back out and not need to be replaced. It is held in place by a flimsy metal support which can rust easily and bend, but can be bent back easily too. Most likely you will need to pull the bumper to fix it which is not too difficult.

If you are concerned about the rubber nerf strip, many body shops can make those look like new for a reasonable amount - $100-$200 depending on what needs to be done and if the interior connecting bolts have been compromised or not.

Guest Lee_M

upon closer viewing, what i thought i saw as a torn nerf strip, was actually a jagged shadow being cast by the broken license plate holder.

i think larry is the "spot the damage" winner

thank you guys!...for the help and the great new " spot the damage" contest idea!...here are some more pics...someone backed up into my tc and the trailer hitch pushed back the grill ( the entire hood) and revealed the holes in the chrome...so I can easily reconstruct to original settings by pulling off the bumper?! already have a new grill....

so far, every year in the last 4 years, people hit my car while parked...is everyone out of their mind?!?!? why the fakkkk does it have to be my tc all the time?!

post-61260-143138547931_thumb.jpg

post-61260-143138547938_thumb.jpg

post-61260-143138547944_thumb.jpg

post-61260-14313854795_thumb.jpg

Guest Lee_M

easy shelbyone! i don't think ALL the accidents and fender-benders that happen are about you or your TC. someone may think you have a "Kerrigan complex". at least you didn't utter "why me?!"

;-) just kidding...

but i know the feeling - the first week i had my first TC, someone in a parking lot with a large SUV backed into the side of my TC while i was in it, fully stopped, waiting for another patron to finish backing up, exiting their spot. i had a clear view of her in her mirror talking on a cell phone, not looking in the mirror, as she put it in reverse, and proceeded to back up. shouting out my open window, and honking the horn, did not get her attention. the impact into my TC did. luckily the damage was minor.

a week later a guy in a large pickup pulled in next to me, and hurriedly opening his door before coming to a stop. he scraped about 7in of the passenger side. again, luckily, it was easily repaired.

Thanks for the additional information. Yes, it looks like the valance is just pushed in but also has a small crack on the corner. It is not part of the bumper assembly or connected to the bumper, but the bumper and air dam will need to be removed to get to it. If the support is broken you should be able to easily fabricate something to substitute. You may be able to find a body shop to fill in the crack and paint it for less than the cost of a new valance. There were three different versions of the valance depending on build date.

I suppose you should be happy it was not any worse.....

Edited by TCParts (see edit history)

Guest My TC Toy

Lee, what will you come up with next - expecting a woman on a cell phone to pay any attention to you just because you are yelling and honking at her. Don't you realize that that phone call is of the upmost importance in her life.

Seriously though something really should be done with drivers (men and women) with cell phones permanently screwed to the side of their heads. Even hands free devices are no good, because all their attention is diverted to their conversation.

Now I feel better!!!!

Guest Lee_M

i'm guessing that last post was from bob, and not carol.

your cell phone rant - you must be listening to click n clack too much...

or you need to get out to Gros Morne more ;-)

looks like (one of) mine, but yours is much nicer.

number 4 is going to be yellow / ginger / tan.

maybe we should meet sometime in neighboring NS @ meat cove!

Guest My TC Toy

Lee, yes, but Carol agrees with me. Click and what?? I walked over Gros Morne many (many) moons ago, before it was a National Park, it was that long ago that I believe I was working.

Love to meet, but until I sell my business I am kind of stuck here.

Bob

Edited by My TC Toy (see edit history)