90 convertible window wheather stripping

Guest daveagain909

Guest daveagain909

does anyone have or know of a source for the stripping that goes along the glass where it meets the door on a 90 convertible. a hunk of mine fell out and i can not find it or i would try to glue back in. any help would be appeciated

Guest steveskyhawk

Mike and I have talked about the similarity of C2 weatherstrip. We will keep you posted

C2 is short for second generation Corvette (63-67)

I thought you were referring to the second gen Corvettes but wanted to be sure. My guess that would be like trying to put a top from a 53 Corvette onto an Allante. The year difference is so great that the style, fit and appearance would be completely different.

I have a '63 Corvette two top convertible, that has been pictured on this forum before along side my S60 and the weather stripping on both the convertible top and the hard top are completely different from that on my Reatta convertibles.

I did some comparing last fall the weather strips on the coupes vs the convertibles and found them to be very similar both in shape and the way they attach to the roof/top. I sent the upper portion of some coupe weather strips to a convertible owner and he cut and modified them and got them to work on his conv.

You would only want to do this if yours were really bad and had chunks missing.

Guest steveskyhawk

Mike was referring to a later generation Corvette convertible. My mistake. We will solve this problem in time.

Guest Kingsley

Anyone have a decent spare that they can entrust me with for molding purposes. As with the sun visor clips, I am willing to make an investment and have it done first class. It will be a matter of cost v. potential sales but the sun visor clips seem to be workabe and I will investigate it. Very few folks are willing to make an invesment but if I can break even that is okay with me. In all probability will have to be done offshore to have a remote chance of doing it.

Edited by Kingsley
Typo (see edit history)

Guest daveagain909

Mine is now missing a big hunk at the point where the weather stripping meets the door, I quess I will have to live with it until I can find a junked reatta convertible or someone produces new ones. It has quite a air leak though.

Just for reference, part number for the piece Dave needs is 20689079. GM parts direct says that they have one, but it's $154. Possible it could work.

I have the piece Dave needs, though it's in about the same condition as the one he has. He's going to try to see if he can graft a part of mine onto his somehow.