Buick "LoadMaster"

Hello Fellow Post-War Buick enthusiasts,

I thought I'd share my latest "Buick" project. It's a 51 Chevy

3100 Series panel truck. I was going to buy myself a new

truck upon retirement, but decided to build one based on a panel truck

( I always loved the shape of these things.). SO, being a true Buick guy I set about engineering a 73 Riviera 455 and Turbo400 trans into the old girl. The rear end is from a 56 Olds. It was built to be a truck and tow a car trailer, so, the low end grunt of the 455 (tweaked a bit!) should be ample.

About 5 test miles (no glass!) has assured me it runs great! I rebuilt the motor here in the home shop & I did all the body work (body off). Had my pals at Midwest Hotrods apply the paint scheme. These are some pics as it got delivered home.

Now installing the glass, power windows, trim, latches, running boards, etc. to get it street legal.

It will be a chase car for my friend's Top Fuel nostalgia front engine car this summer as well as a chase car for Buick Club outings in the future.

If anyone is interested in this engine swap for a Chevy/GMC truck of the era, it was pretty straightforward and sits nice and low in the frame.....

MobileMe Gallery

Mike

Nice looking truck! Certain to get many people's attention . . . especially with a Buick engine!

You might post the assembly pictures/dialogue in the "Me and My Buick" forum . . . although this would be about a Buick engine and possibly the donor vehicle.

Enjoy!

NTX5467