i NEED oak Convertible top bows for my 40 Series 61C Buick!

Guest Csteve300

Guest Csteve300

Where can I find OAKConvwertible top bpws for my 1940 Buick Centuyry Phaeton?

I have the car in the upholstery shop and need bows now! Rhwew are 4 Oak Bows!

Thanks

I'm sure Doug Seybold (see his ads in the BCA Bugle) has patterns and can make you a set.

However, be sure to get a price in advance, since they could run you quite a bit. Also, a new set of bows probably can't be completed quickly enough for your shop to install them during the next few weeks. Good luck. John

Guest Csteve300
I'm sure Doug Seybold (see his ads in the BCA Bugle) has patterns and can make you a set.

However, be sure to get a price in advance, since they could run you quite a bit. Also, a new set of bows probably can't be completed quickly enough for your shop to install them during the next few weeks. Good luck. John

Thanks I know Doug can make me some but I can't get huimn to answer his phone or return my calls! Doug is a great resource when tyou talk to him, but without email or a website and not answering his phone is very frustrating! If i could talk to Doug it would probabluy be weeks and who knows at what cost!

HAS ANYBODY TRUED PLASTIC WOOD PUTTY IN THE SCREW HOLES?

THANKS

Guest Csteve300
HI - Did you try Lewis Jenkins in NC. He might have some or can tell you where to find some Hope this helps.

Al Storrs:)

I called he gets from OakBow Co company unfortunately, he thought would cost $2,000! This is crazy!

If the only reason you are replacing the bows is that the screw holes are rotted or chewed out you could consider carefully drilling the hole out and epoxy glueing serated timber dowels into the holes.

If you make the dowels longer than the length of the screws you can also cross pin them with long, very fine nails and they will be a permanent solution to your problem.

If you have the originals for patterns we can make you a set, steam bent as original. Takes at least 2 weeks to steam, bend and shape bows because they need a few days to dry before shaping. Without seeing them I would guess about $250-300/bow. If the front header is V-shaped you are talking an all together different thing. I doubt anyone will have bows "in stock".

Guest Csteve300

Thanks abl I am trying somethine else. I have a local woodworking shop routing out the center of the rear bow(the only OAK Steam Bent bow) and replacing with a strip of oak epoxy to bow! I am also having them make two new side bows(made of burl maple)with new maple pieces. Total cost should be less than $250. If everthing works as planned I'll post pictures before the dhop installs. I hope to have by sometime next week/

Guest Csteve300

I got the Oak Bow back from the woodshop today! The shop routed out tyhe center (damaged by repeated nails and staples) and fitted a new Oak insert. They also made me two Maple side bows. I would post pix but I can'r seem to figure out how?

Guest Csteve300

Photos 1-4 and 6 are of Oak Bow routed out and with new Oak imnsert epoxed in. Photo 5 is of two original Burl Maple side bows and two Mapkle Bows made by the woodshop! If anybody hads questions please let me know!

post-72546-143138539906_thumb.jpg

post-72546-143138539909_thumb.jpg

post-72546-143138539912_thumb.jpg

post-72546-143138539915_thumb.jpg

post-72546-143138539917_thumb.jpg

post-72546-143138539919_thumb.jpg