28 Hup Tail Light

Phaeton

Hello. Does anyone know the difference between "staub" tail lights, I have seen two very similar, one where the bezel and bucket come to a point on the top, the other bezel and bucket are smooth. I have been told both are correct for 28 Hup. Thanks for any information

Right you are... here are the 28 hupp light and a plane staubb light side by side, i sold my nash light last year but rember that it had the plane bucket just the bezel had the emblem...

all glass is interchangable on these two, the nash had "nash" embossed in the glass that would light up when braking...

hupp & this standard just have the "STOP" stencle....

* note that the 28 hupp stop lamp bucket should be painted black with a chromed bezel , same as the headliams (one in the photo had paint stripped)!

hope this helps !!!

post-68188-143138521542_thumb.jpg

post-68188-143138521799_thumb.jpg

Early on Hupp25-27 had painted buckets and nickel plated rims. In 1928 they started to chrome the whole light. I have seen at least a dozen 1928 Hupp A's and depending on the serial# they very in design some what, but all have a chrome bucket & rim. Unless some one has stripped the chrome off. I do not believe the plain one is Hupp. It looks enough like a Hupp that if it was the only one I had, I would have it chromed and use it. Most people would not know if its factory or not.

Edited by Hupp36
more imformation (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...