1953 CORVETTE ORIGINAL DEALER WINDOW DISPLAY CASE

Guest sherman1947

Guest sherman1947

My name is Mark Sherman. I have just acquired for our used car dealership, what I believe is to be an original 53 Corvette shadow box display case with the Corvette in Gold-tone. The case is plastic. that appears as a wood finish with a glass cover. I am trying to find any site or information on this item. Any help or direction is very much appreciated. You are also welcome to call my cell number at 314 920-2804, if that is easier. Thanking anyone in advance for their time.

Regards,

M:)ark Sherman

post-65132-143138519393_thumb.jpg

post-65132-143138519411_thumb.jpg

post-65132-143138519428_thumb.jpg

post-65132-143138519443_thumb.jpg

post-65132-143138519459_thumb.jpg

Guest sherman1947

Dear West,

Thank you for the reply. The person that I purchased it from said he had purchased it in approx 1970 and has been stored away. He had no box or paper work with the item.When I was very young I use to visit Barford Chevrolet in St. Louis with my Father in the early 60's and I remember this type of simulated display box with other cars in there showroom. I am going back some years, so I am not for sure. I do appreciate your reply.

Regards,

Mark

They were done for most of the GM Divisions in the early 70's I believe. Could have been sooner but not to my recollection. In some cases they had an additional brass plate for a sales or service award and in other cases dealers could buy them as part of the new car announcement materials. For instance, Olds had the Curved Dash and Limited done exactly the same way. They are pretty nice pieces! Enjoy.

• 4 years later...

I just picked up one of these, and ran across this thread when searching for more info.  Mine came from a small, long since closed, family run Chevy dealership.  The seller remembered ordering it and thought it was in 1978 for the 25th anniversary.   Too bad so much of this stuff wasn't saved!

post-76005-0-79364600-1434728280_thumb.j

Edited by John (see edit history)

Guest AlCapone

My uncle recently sold his GM dealership and he had one of these in his office. He recalls ordering it in the mid seventies as a sales incentive. He said that after it arrived it was too good to give away so he kept it for himself.

Wayne

Guest Dick Whittington

Howard Baker 330.628.2264 or Dave Strickland 508.896.7943 would be very good resources.  Both are very knowledgeable collectors of Corvette memorabilia