Is this factory correct?

Guest Rob J

Guest Rob J

Seems like this is factory correct, but wanted to verify. Was the Fuel filter bracket indeed painted Buick green from the factory, or was it left bare metal? Seems most I've seen are bare metal color.

This photo does seem to be correct, however.

1965-Buick-425-Super-Wildcat-C1314-0102.jpg

Edited by Rob J (see edit history)

Guest Rob J

Sorry, I edited my post. I meant to ask if the fuel filter bracket was indeed painted Buick Green from the factory like in this photo. As most I've seen on cars were bare metal. Heck, even mine was totally bare. Maybe the paint just flaked off over the years.

Guest Rob J

OK, thanks. Will paint it Buick Green. I just media blasted it this evening, so I wanted to be sure before I spray it.

Thanks.

I would say that if there was no evidence of color under the screw head than it was natural metal,but you should check with your local csi investigators and do a paint dna test to be sure!!

Nice picture. Note the sheet metal screw to squeeze the clamp is not painted.

I see the support bracket that goes from the PS pump down to motor mount is painted engine color.. Pretty sure those are black, or is that just on the 66?

Shouldn't the insert in the fan clutch be gold cad?

Guest Rob J
Nice picture. Note the sheet metal screw to squeeze the clamp is not painted.

I see the support bracket that goes from the PS pump down to motor mount is painted engine color.. Pretty sure those are black, or is that just on the 66?

Shouldn't the insert in the fan clutch be gold cad?

Jason, that PS bracket is indeed Buick Green as far as I know in 65. Mine was green albeit worn out, but green.

My fan clutch does not have a cad insert on it and looks just like the one in that photo, but who's to say it hadn't been replaced at some point in the cars life.

Edited by Rob J (see edit history)

Guest Rob J
:D:D

By the way - lovely picture !

Rob, can you share the pictures from your restoration works ?

Yes, I plan on posting a good number of photo's of my progress. I'm even contemplating starting a build web site, as I don't know of any specific restoration sites that have delt with a 65 GS. So, I'd like to document a reference for future builders. It's a lot of work, so I hope I have time to do the actual work on the car, and a web site.

Will advise.