Classic Cadillac parts?

Jim Rohn

These came from a local Estate and I was told they were off a 31 Cadillac cabriolet

cadhlall.jpg

cadventsize.jpg

cadwwicona.jpg

cadwwicon.jpg

cadwwsize.jpg

the cowl vent is marked L, no other marks

cadventl.jpg

the part numbers cast into the headlight bar brackets (????, not sure) are 1404733 & 1404734

cadhlno.jpg

The other items LOOK to be wind wing brackets, but, again, i am not sure. And not sure all items are from the same car either.

As always, ANY help is appreciated, thanks!

I would vote pix 3-5 as sides for a foot rest.

So sorry to disagree, but I have seen hundreds of these and I have a couple of sets in my shop...windwing brackets. You can actually see the cloth that goes between the glass and bracket in one of them. I also should include cabriolet doors on the list of what these mount to.

post-37352-143138510033_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I originally thought the brackets were for a foot rest but the size appears to be too small, and as John has pointed out, the one still has the insulating cloth. The style / year(s) I am unsure of and I have been unable to find any numbers or marking on them ...

I originally thought the brackets were for a foot rest but the size appears to be too small, and as John has pointed out, the one still has the insulating cloth. The style / year(s) I am unsure of and I have been unable to find any numbers or marking on them ...

Chances are, they are dealer accessories or aftermarket parts. Most closed cars restored to original specs do not have them.

Well, I have owned a handfull of 31 Caddys over the years, 31 Convert Fleetwood is one of them, and those do not look like ANY 20's or 30's Cadillac perts to me. Ed

Well, I have owned a handfull of 31 Caddys over the years, 31 Convert Fleetwood is one of them, and those do not look like ANY 20's or 30's Cadillac perts to me. Ed

I agree.

That is why I am asking, i have no clue either

the chrome brackets are very substantial (heavy)

the "wind wing" brackets are less so

I would guess the cowl vent belongs to the chrome brackets, but, again, I have no clue

Any direction would be great, thanks!