bushings needed

Guest u571

Does anyone know a source for the panhard rod bushings? Is this correct or does it go by another name? I have checked steele,cars,opg,rubber the right way and kanter and maybe a couple more with no luck.

Thanks,Mark:confused:

Sorry about the brain fart,I should have said '63. This is the long dog bone at the rear that goes from one side of the frame to the other at an angle.

Het PYNTRE,

can you be more specific about centerville auto,when I googled it several options came up.Where are they located and what type of business is it?

thanks again,Mark

Track bar bushings are readily available from most of the vendors who run ads in the Riview. Classic Buicks, CARS Inc., etc.

I bought a pair from Mark at Classic Buick and they are pretty much OE but with "improved design" What ever that means.

I'd bet that if you had the dimensions you could get a urethane one from some one as well.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Track bar eh? :oI probobly could have figured that out but my shop manual is with the car having some leaky seals replaced.

I will check some catalogs tonite.Thanks RivNut.

Mark

Ok got em. Centerville has them on evilbay and Im sure Ill get them a lot quicker than some specialty companies (names witheld)who Ive ordered from recently. Not to mention the company whos catalog I have requested twice so far...you know who I mean.

Mark

I recommend getting them in polygraphite from PST.

Performance Suspension Technology - BUICK - Riviera Polygraphite® Rear Track Bar Bushing Set 1963-70

I do not recommend polygraphite from the front suspension. It is too hard, it makes the ride harsh. But it is exactly what you need in this track bar.

Thanks for putting my question to rest Jim.I did order polygraphite and was a little concerned based on reviews I have read.I would agree about the front end on old cars like ours.

many have complained about squeaks and harsh ride,mixed reviews for sure.

Installation looks fairly straight foreward. Any concerns I should be aware of?

I didn't replace mine myself, I had it done. I'm glad I did. If the mechanic had not have been able to get the car off the ground with a lift, the very long breaker bar he needed to use to take the old one off would not have had clearance. So, like the last post said, do everything you can to loosen it up before trying to get it off.

Ed