Door handles and excursion rings

Ltaylor

I thought you sold the car Larry, just curious why you need these handles still, what bodystyle did you have, are you able to send pict. of the car.

By the way the original door handles are bad metal, I have a stash but they are not worth messing with in my opinion when new ones that are beutifull are being reproduced.

Hi ltaylor,

Those handles are the same as are on my 31 coupe and are original.

I know, as my father was the second owner. I'm working on a way to fix the area where they break. If I don't do it soon I won't be able to get out of my car. :)

Yep...1929 through 1931 look to be the same interior hardware. I have some. How many do you need?

There are many ways to fix the handles if they break but you wont be able to get them replated again due to plate process, if you just want to fix them though I would suggest automotive panel bond, holds the space shuttle together.

I do have the car, and need 2 window cranks and 3 excursion rings, can you give me names and places for the other door knobs you speek of. I thought trying to keep the car original, would be the best way, but if you only need to have that style or close thatmakes it easer. Im new at this so any help would be appriciated. Ltaylor

( Len )

Edited by Ltaylor (see edit history)

I dont need it anymore as I found one but I am curious John or Joe if any of the DH series cars came with the little interior corner lams, it took me several years to find that escutchion plate and since the handles are all the same than the plates would be also I suppose.

This is one way to make those broken handles good again and it won't affect your ability to plate them. These aluminum inserts are easy to make if you have access to a machine shop. I included several angles here so you can see how its done. Sorry this won't work to produce escutcheons. Talk to Glen Downunder for that. Caution: This could be considered "hotrodding".

post-54582-143138492589_thumb.jpg

post-54582-14313849261_thumb.jpg

post-54582-143138492632_thumb.jpg

post-54582-143138492652_thumb.jpg

post-54582-143138492673_thumb.jpg

post-54582-143138492694_thumb.jpg

post-54582-143138492715_thumb.jpg

Edited by idrjoe_sandiego (see edit history)

If you have dial-up Larry you might have trouble loading the site, once on it just keep scrolling down until you see your year car show up on left side. They are not cheap but you in the long run you might be better off as these will not require plating of any sort and you can order the items directly from them.

I have seen more of a majority of them break in the middle somewhere but that sure is neat regardless

Are or did you glue them in?

Epoxy. If you try any type of press or interference fit, the pot metal just crumbles. This has held up well for several years. Make sure your door hardware and window regulators are working smoothly to minimize the force required on these fragile pot metal parts. And tell your gorilla passengers "easy does it" on the handles.

I dont need it anymore as I found one but I am curious John or Joe if any of the DH series cars came with the little interior corner lams, it took me several years to find that escutchion plate and since the handles are all the same than the plates would be also I suppose.

Are you speaking of the dome lights? The design on the bezel for those is the same as on the handles...

post-37352-143138492736_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138492738_thumb.jpg

No, on DA deluxe there is the domelight overhead and also two miniature lights in each corner behind the heads of anyone sitting in rear seat. I can post a picture of the pair if needed. They are half the size of domelamp but identical otherwise except that there is a seperate switch mounted on B or sometimes C pillar and that is what the escuchion plate surrounds