Anyone recognize these wheels as 1922 Dodge?

Jack_Vines

Hi, Mike,

I went to quite a bit of effort to rescue these wheels from becoming yard art, just so I could pass them along to some Dodge lover who needs them, albiet at a fair price. Thus far, I haven't been able to determine what is fair market value.

A bit OT, but I'm a Studebaker-Packard guy and it is interesting I have gotten some of the same advice from here as that I've gotten on the Studebaker Driver's Club site. The recommendations from some of your own here were basically, "Put the wheels on eBay; the old Dodge guys here are cheap SOBs and won't pay for parts."

Over on the SDC site, we have an acronym, CASO, which stands for Cheap-Assed Studebaker Owner. Guess we all see it the same everywhere: "I am thrifty, you are cheap, he is a miser."

Bottom line - I don't like eBay and would prefer to deal directly as soon as I get enough feedback to determine a fair price.

jack vines

Jack, Thank you for the kind words.When you decide what you want for the wheels ,I may be interested. I guess it always puzzles me when anyone is selling something, that they dont know what they want for it. When I sell a car or part I do my research FIRST and then place a ad. Its really quite simply. Again Im interested when you get it all figured out . Thank You Mike

Hi, Mike,

I guess it always puzzles me when anyone is selling something, that they dont know what they want for it. When I sell a car or part I do my research FIRST and then place a ad. Its really quite simply.
Kindly note, I haven't as yet placed a for sale ad. My first post was: "Are these 1922-23 Dodge wheels?" and "Any estimates as to value?" I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone might have as to where, other than this site and www.dodgebrothersclub.org, I might go to research what wheels like these typically sell for. I've gotten two welcome but unsolicited offers so far.

As to the kind words, I was just passing along what one of the Dodge Brothers here had volunteered and noting how similar it was to what we see/hear over on the SDC site.

thanks for your patience

jack vines

• 1 month later...

a full set of 4 sold at the Auburn CA swap last year for $100.00. It would cost $150.00 each if somone needed to respoke their wheels. Rims sell for $15.00-35.00 each, lugs $2.00-3.00 each, a good wood wheel $50.00- $75.00. Shipping is a deal breaker. Despite the mostly negative attitude about epay, there is a large group of Dodge folks who search for parts on the site.

post-31312-14313851954_thumb.jpg