48 Roadmaster engine colors???????

Guest ktm858

The difference between AACA and BCA though is that BCA sweats the Buick details. Generally, the engine is turquoise. Now, think about how engines would have been painted on an assembly line. Any bolt that would have been required to be on (i.e. through the water jacket) would have been painted engine colour. Other items would either be left natural (such as bolt heads) or would have been a semi-gloss to matte black.

The photo Marck shows has the oil filter painted engine colour. I believe that is incorrect. The filter body should be a light blue with an orange top. I don't think I have a good photo to show that, but I know some have been posted here over time.

I have a 1948 Super and I pretty much agree with what has already been said here although I would like to make one correction. I believe that the oil filter top was not originally orange on the this engine. Attached are pictures of an unrestored 1950 Buick engine. They clearly show an all blue oil filter with a white decal. I've also seen 1949 engines like this so I think it is probably correct for 1948 as well. The orange filter top is definitely correct for slightly later 1950's models.

post-42951-143138464863_thumb.jpg

post-42951-143138464866_thumb.jpg