Dodge titles

mercer09

Guest callmebob

If you know someone in Arkansas and the vehicle has not been registered in several years all you need to get a title is the serial # , a Bill of Sale and about $50 to get a title. It takes about two months, but the title has to be to an Arkansas address.

Guest callmebob

I don't know about Alabama, but I live in Arkansas and they changed the law about 2 years ago so that's the way it is here. I just done a 49 dodge last week for $28.

Guest callmebob

I'm in Rogers but from Marshall, I have a brother Rodger who lives in Batesville. He used to have an upholstery shop there but closed it a few years ago. But I meant the new title has to be issued to an Arkansas address. Bob

Guest DodgeKCL

Curious? I've asked this question before but why do you Yanks have to play this title game? The serial number/VIN on the 'new' ownership would not be the same as the vehicle in any case so why bother? Wouldn't this be illegal because the frame/engine numbers wouldn't match the new title? What would you ever tell the police if it was stolen?

In Canada we just apply for a lost 'ownership' and start again. The M.O.T. has been known to ask for a certified letter of ownership or bill of sale but they just give you a new ownership but 'mechanically unfit'. We have to have the vehicle inspected by a licensed mechanic after the restoration before it becomes 'fit' and the plates are issued.

Why this title dance?

Curious? I've asked this question before but why do you Yanks have to play this title game? The serial number/VIN on the 'new' ownership would not be the same as the vehicle in any case so why bother? Wouldn't this be illegal because the frame/engine numbers wouldn't match the new title? What would you ever tell the police if it was stolen?

In Canada we just apply for a lost 'ownership' and start again. The M.O.T. has been known to ask for a certified letter of ownership or bill of sale but they just give you a new ownership but 'mechanically unfit'. We have to have the vehicle inspected by a licensed mechanic after the restoration before it becomes 'fit' and the plates are issued.

Why this title dance?

RED TAPE ! !

It is technically against federal law to sell these titles without ownership or alter the serial number of a car. What most people do is buy a repro serial number tag and stamp their own number in it. That's why I would never do it. It's at least a $500 fine in Pa. to hold an open title, which is what these would be. ALMOST got caught up in that years ago. No way, no how!