No restart after warm up

heygibb

I have had bad luck with anything other than Delco fuel pumps, is hard enough to get to I do not want to go in twice.

Idling but misfire under load sure sounds like ignition. What were the rail pressures ?

Well, I got my car back today. It's nice to hear it sound "normal" again. Believe it or not, the fuel pump was the culprit. Rail pressure was less than 20psi prior to change out. After change out, it was a little over 40psi. The fuel pressure regulator was ok.

Another problem was found that had not been noticed before. I'll post another thread on it to get some eyeballs on it. The radiator fan on the engine side of the radiator is rubbing the housing, I believe. Additionally, there is a electrical wire burning smell, as if something is shorting out there.

My mechanic (as if I own him!), was shaking his head about what my symptoms were and the fix. Once he changed the pump, no more backfiring or sputtering. Weird. I'll drive it and see how things go.

THanks for all the help.

btw I still can't get the diagnostics to load. I'm not going to be too concerned about it though. My trip odometer doesn't register normally anymore either, so maybe there is some breakdown on the pcb causing both.

If the speedo is working, the odo is maintained by the BCM not the ECM. I am starting to wonder if you have a BCM issue since that interprets the hvac button pushes to enter diagnostics and is responsible for the odo readout.

If the speedo is working, the odo is maintained by the BCM not the ECM. I am starting to wonder if you have a BCM issue since that interprets the hvac button pushes to enter diagnostics and is responsible for the odo readout.

Since I am not knowledgeable at all about the BCM, can that be taken from the Riviera I keep going back to for parts? Is it hard to get to? I think it's inside the dash, to the left of the glove box, but not sure.

Guest TheCapnVideo

Sorry I got eyes on this just now but glad the fuel pump was the answer. Fuel filters clogging create some of the same situations and mimic the low fuel rail pressure situation.

Kudos to WWS94 for calling it out of the gate your first responder had it.

TheCapnVideo