65 Wildcats: Sahara Mist

I agree, Ted! This is a great color on the '65 Wildcat coupes. I recall a solid Sahara Mist example in my hometown when these cars were new.

I like the looks of the car that's heading to Cincinnati!

My family's '65 Wildcat coupe, which my parents bought new, was Silver Cloud with Arctic White painted roof and red (Deluxe) interior.

I agree, Ted! This is a great color on the '65 Wildcat coupes. I recall a solid Sahara Mist example in my hometown when these cars were new.

I like the looks of the car that's heading to Cincinnati!

My family's '65 Wildcat coupe, which my parents bought new, was Silver Cloud with Arctic White painted roof and red (Deluxe) interior.

Wow,, that would be a beauty! One of the great omissions of optional interior colors for the '65 was a red custom bucket seat interior for the coupe (available for the convertible though)

I plan on fixing that with one of my cars...Regal Black with red custom interior.

One of the cars I purchased from Mitch is Silver Cloud/black vinyl/black custom bench...sharp!

Ted, at one of the long-ago BCA National Meets -- 1986 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway -- there was a magnificent, all-original '65 Wildcat coupe in solid Regal Black and red Deluxe interior trim. The car had clocked about 39,000 miles.

I've often wondered what happened to this stunning car. Is it familiar to you? I wonder if a review of the BCA roster for Indiana and a few nearby states would turn this one up.

Ted, I remember seeing Steve Hartwich's Wildcat and the other Sahara Mist example in Flint. Do you recall if the other Wildcat had bucket seats? Years ago, there was a Wildcat in this color scheme that was evidently for sale in the Flint area -- a very fine original. I passed at the time because I was looking for an A/C car and this one did not have it. Seeing your photos makes me wonder whether this might possibly be the same car.

• 2 weeks later...