Importang car parts from Europe

Guest justme

Anyone know the proceedure to have car parts shipped from Europe? Items that are too large or heavy for the post office. Maybe Fedex or boat.

Example: a 3 speed transmission.

Thanks

Charley

I believe large items like transmissions will need to brokered, they take care of all the paperwork for a nominal fee. Last item I sent across the pond was a Bugatti tail section in a wood crate I made to protect it. You also have to get to the dock/airport. Spend some time Googling the topic and you'll find a broker to walk tou through this.

DHL does larger packages and in general does better on international freight. For a large item like a vehicle, you will need a customs broker. There are a number of vehicle shipping services you can find on line that will handle it. If not, there a lot of dependable customs brokers/shippers that can handle the job. I do a lot of international shipping in my job, and I can help you find someone if you need help. Feel free to contact me off this board directly.

Guest harley100

Can the seller assist you, I have shipped many items to Europe but not yet received. I used Fed Ex for most items, and when I shipped an engine it went via another carrier that was arranged by the buyer through a broker. It was palleted and crated, Make sure you really research and get references before paying any broker. Heres a link on importing cars it might be similiar:Auto Import