Oil Change

How often should the oil be changed in a 27 Dodge Thanks Mick

"Should" depends on a bunch of choices you make.

My DL6 manual recommends "every 1000 miles." I'm sure I could stretch that a ways these days without any problem. But, for me, it takes about 2 years to rack up that many miles and I like to change the oil at least once a year. I figure that's pretty cheap insurance against engine wear.

However, I live in Connecticut where it often stays below freezing for extended periods and occasionally we'll get cold snaps in the single digits. Since I like to fire her up every week or two, 30W ND "summer" oil just won't let her spin fast enough for easy starting, so I've begun to swap out 10W ND in the winter (available at Tractor Supply).

I'm sure you'll get other recommendations (or at least other accounts) from different people.

I have a '25 --- usually put on about 300 miles/year.

I change the oil twice a year --- typically in June or July so that new clean oil is in the engine during the hot weather and in November so that the old oil is not sitting in the engine during the winter (even though I try and drive the car weekly during the winter months -- weather permitting). Also FYI --- I use 40 wt. non-detergent oil year round.

I always use 30wt ND and I never start my 25 in the winter.A old mechanic told me along time ago never start them in the winter unless you are going to leave it run at least 1/2 hr.because condensation forms inside the engine,I've done it that way for the last 40 yrs and never had any problems