1985 Landau top with lighted emblem

Guest fixitall

Guest fixitall

I am replacing the vinyl for a 1985 Green Riviera and the correct fabric is discontinued (Lt. Sage) Is there a vinyl supplier out there? Also I am looking for the lighted side emblems and the metal and plastic clips for the exterior trim.

Any help is appreciated!

The lights are "unobtainium." The only thing you can do is try to find good ones from a salvaged vehicle.

What metal and plastic clips do you need. I removed a vinyl top from my '85 and may still have some of the clips around somewhere.

You might try SMS fabrics for your vinyl top.

Be careful in removing the old top. There's a fiberglass piece around the rear window that's easily damaged. If I were to do this again, I'd just turn it over to a professional upholstery shop.

Ed

Guest fixitall

I am an upholsterer and that only means I have done similar jobs and your info is my best freind, thanks!!

I,m looking for a couple of the plastic clips along the bottom of the rear deck that hold on the trim and the flat metal tapered clips that hold the trim along the top front edge and along the sides.

Guest fixitall

I'll get some pics up soon, thank you very much for your quick responses. I am going to make simple lighted emblems for this car, basicly a lighted back with an emblem on top, and post the finished top when it's done.

sosuzguy,

Years ago, I replaced the lights in one but it did not look as good as I would like to see. I have a few ideas and have toyed with the idea of trying to develop a correct appearing repair for these. Do you have any estimate of how much demand exists for these? If there is sufficient demand, I might see what I can produce.

• 2 months later...
Guest rgfullerton

I just "DISSECTED" my Landau Light and found some interesting things. The input voltage is of course 12vdc. The lamp assembly is labeled + and -. The transformer is in the housing and drives the Electro-luminesent module with 150 - 200 volts. The module is/was Made by E-L Products Company, who are still in business. They don't/didn't make the whole assembly, just the display module. These are the same as the devices used in the console/shift display, except those have an external transformer. I am working on retrofitting a simple White Led to replace these since, as said by others, these are unobtainable !! I have three 89 riv's and out of six lamps, one works.!!:mad:

Edited by rgfullerton
upload picture (see edit history)