What the heck is it? and that one, and the other?

roadkillontheweb

Of the second group, the first picture looks like a 1914 Buick model 24 roadster, except the Buick had vertical hood louvres - maybe it is an optical illusion that these look sloped. The third pic might be a big Buick C-55 tourer from 1915. The second one dates from around 1916-17 - maybe a Hudson??

The cross country Packard---I was reading a while back about the Lincoln Hiway and the President of Packard, being involved in the Lincoln Hiway Association, drove a brand new Packard Twin Six to California to promote the Packard and the Lincoln Hiway. Could this be that car?

There is also a lot of Lincoln highway images in the collection, so it may be very possible.

The cross country Packard---I was reading a while back about the Lincoln Hiway and the President of Packard, being involved in the Lincoln Hiway Association, drove a brand new Packard Twin Six to California to promote the Packard and the Lincoln Hiway. Could this be that car?

I forwarded the images to a Lincoln Highway historian and he confirmed that it is indeed Henry Joy president of Packard trailblazing the route for the Lincoln Highway.

Guest Commodore

On the second group of photos, the second photo is not a Hudson. The doors are wrong and Hudsons had ten spoke wheels not twelve. Maybe a 1916 - 1917 Willys-Knight.

Guest De Soto Frank
I was wondering if #1 might be a steamer? The hood is huge and I do not see any signs of early Photoshop to extend it.

I think it's a gasser... looks like a trembler coil box on the firewall, and a muffler & exhaust pipe just inside the running board,

I was thinking Ford Model K, but the hood shape (bulges out down towards the bottom) doesn't seem quite right... it has quite a long hood...