Newb

Guest irgr8one

Guest irgr8one

Just found out that my mothers boss has decided to give me a Christmas present. Long story short he gave me his first car, a 1927 Dodge Brothers Coupe. It has been in climate controlled storage since I first saw it over 15 years ago. I am officially the 2nd owner. I am going to need some help. Where do I start? It will need some repair, and it has not been run for at least 15 years. I am stationed outside of the country, but I will be back next year, and would like to get at is when I get back.

post-72364-14313838176_thumb.jpg

Thats a nice looking car, you start right here, might want to consider joining the D.B club, there are a few vendors that sell some items if you are in need

Sometimes ( I think often but I really dont look out for stuff prior to 28 much ) they pop up on e-bay, reprints are prob. avail ( almost for sure ) thru Myers early Dodge parts. If you have no luck than let me know, I think I have a service manual of some sort for your car that I can make copies of

"Faxon Auto Literature" in Riverside, CA may also be able to help.

1927 Dodge items - Get great deals on Dodge Truck and Van Manuals items on eBay Stores! - "Mechanic's Instruction Manual 1914-1927" and:

1914-1933 Dodge Car Parts Book 1927 28 29 30 1931 1932 - eBay (item 400175684578 end time Jan-22-11 18:53:18 PST) - "Master Parts List 1914-1933".

What a GREAT way to start in the hobby! You may want to consider leaving this car as original as possible! It is a PERFECT example of an original '27 Dodge Coupe!!! In the long run it may even have more value that way. Even so, it would be an excellent way for others in the future to know "what is correct"!!!

You are doing it right! Do your research. Find out as much as possible about the car before you do anything! Get help from these forums, the "Dodge Brother's Club" members and befriend those with the same model car.

What a great time this is for you! ;)