This car again...

Guest Rob J

Buick : Riviera - eBay (item 150534170640 end time Dec-21-10 08:20:08 PST)

He's had the car on e-bay a number of times already. I have to admit, even though it is not a factory color, I think the car looks great in that color. IMO, it's one of those colors that could of been a factory option. I still think he's asking a bit much for the car, considering under the hood is not correct.

The car looks great, very nice color as long as you don't care about it being a stock color and I certainly don't. You still need to do all your due diligence but to me this a much better option than trying to restore a clapped out basket case like the one you were looking at before. No insult intended with that last comment :D

I can't comment on the price other than the cost of restoring one yourself would certainly get you up there in a hurry.

Edited by 64R (see edit history)

The car looks great, very nice color as long as you don't care about it being a stock color and I certainly don't. You still need to do all your due diligence but to me this a much better option than trying to restore a clapped out basket case like the one you were looking at before. No insult intended with that last comment :D

I can't comment on the price other than the cost of restoring one yourself would certainly get you up there in a hurry.

Actually, I bought that Sahara Mist Gran Sport, and the parts car. LOL. I know it is going to be alot of work, and money, but I'm just like that. I'm the kind of guy that would rather build it myself, and have it just the way I want it, and know that everything is done right. It's hard for me to trust someone whose "restored" it themselves. In the end, the guy gave me a decent deal, and it has the correct block. I have not picked them up yet, but will post when I finally receive them. Yes it will be a several year project, and I'm ok with that. Half of the fun for me is the build. Heck, I sold my Cobra a year after I finished it, I got bored. LOL.

Well good on ya, I hope it goes as well as it possibly can, at least someone will save it which is great. I must have a good 500 hours into my 65 Mustang vert build I'm doing for my wife and I'm only about half way done, so I know all about being a sucker for punishment :D

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Congratulations Rob. Definitely post some more pics when you can.

Merry Christmas a little early!

I'll make sure and post pics when I receive the cars, and I'm sure I'll be picking your brain as time goes along. lol. Thanks and you have a great one to.

Looking forward in reading your restoration journal in the future issues of the Riv newsletter.

Rob.

I know it is going to be alot of work, and money, but I'm just like that. I'm the kind of guy that would rather build it myself, and have it just the way I want it, and know that everything is done right. It's hard for me to trust someone whose "restored" it themselves.

I know what you mean Rob. I am constantly attracted to cars that other people never finish or that have been sitting for years. Although I have a full time job, I don't golf or follow sports so it keeps me busy during my off-time. If we counted our labor, we have much more in the car than it is worth, but it is not always about the money. Purchasing a "done" car is often less money, hassle and time, but it does not offer personal satisfaction of saying that many of the items restored were done by owner. I hold high regard for the people that restore their own cars to whatever level is suitable for their needs. Even if the vehicle is not a show winner, they are preserving our old cars and its industry. Trailer Queens and "checkbook restorations" have their place and are nice to look at, however, IMHO at that level, a lot of the fun is taken out of the game. For me, doing projects are fun. I appreciate the knowledge and skills learned from every car I restore or just revive and clean up. It is a lot of time I know, but I look at it as an stress reliever and an educational investment.

I know it is going to be alot of work, and money, but I'm just like that. I'm the kind of guy that would rather build it myself, and have it just the way I want it, and know that everything is done right. It's hard for me to trust someone whose "restored" it themselves.

I know what you mean Rob. I am constantly attracted to cars that other people never finish or that have been sitting for years. Although I have a full time job, I don't golf or follow sports so it keeps me busy during my off-time. If we counted our labor, we have much more in the car than it is worth, but it is not always about the money. Purchasing a "done" car is often less money, hassle and time, but it does not offer personal satisfaction of saying that many of the items restored were done by owner. I hold high regard for the people that restore their own cars to whatever level is suitable for their needs. Even if the vehicle is not a show winner, they are preserving our old cars and its industry. Trailer Queens and "checkbook restorations" have their place and are nice to look at, however, IMHO at that level, a lot of the fun is taken out of the game. For me, doing projects are fun. I appreciate the knowledge and skills learned from every car I restore or just revive and clean up. It is a lot of time I know, but I look at it as an stress reliever and an educational investment.

You took the words right of my mouth Paul. I too am not a golfer or a sports nut, so I either have to have a hobby, project, or else I'll be inclined to find a girlfriend. And, I don't think the wife would like that idea too much :D