Help ID heater control

Jim Rohn

Guest De Soto Frank

The silk-screening on the control glass is what looks like 1960's GM to me...

Never saw knobs like that though... maybe AMC ?

Guest De Soto Frank

The hex-head sheet-metal screws, cable clamps, pins for the looped ends of the Bowden-wire control cables to slip over, and the plastic connectors all point to 1960's GM....

I'm going to suggest Buick - Olds - Pontiac.

Guest De Soto Frank

Well, whether or not it originally was made FOR a GM vehicle, it certainly was made BY the same jobber that supplied them for GM vehicles.

Would agree that it looks like it mounts under the dash, so perhaps for a truck / Suburban Carryall, or low-end car like a Chevy II that may have had heater /defroster only as an option ?

Guest De Soto Frank

This looks very similar to the Heater - Defroster control that was in my '72 Chevy C-10 pick-up, but the knobs were different.

But the casting, lens, lever arrangement and the placement of the hole for the light socket are all very similar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest De Soto Frank

Jim,

I really don't think it's MoPar... I'm still leaning on GM, because of the style of the lettering on the panel, plus style of the connectors and general construction...

But, I'll go out on a limb here, how about '65-'66 Studebaker, since they were using Chevy engines during their last gasp ?