Need ID on seats...

stealthbob

Bob, that does not look like a 65 seat to me. 65's would not have had a head rest. Plus I believe the custom foam cushions were not employed till after 1970, possibly as early as 1973.

When I redid the seat on my 69, there was a layer of waxed burlap on the springs, then a layer of cotton padding then a layer of foam.

Plus, wouldn't the Special have had a bench seat?

I'm thinking a 73-75 "A" body ( Skylark, Cutlass, Malibu,Grand-Am).

I have not done this but may I suggest looking at Legendary Auto Interiors web site? They do a lot and maybe you can find a similar pattern to what's shown in the picture.

I understand what your saying thriller, but there's a world of difference between 61-63 Specials and 64-65's. I'm sure a 65 special could have a set of bucket seats, but I'm also sure it would be the exception rather than the rule. Meanwhile, other than a 4 dr, I'm not sure they even made a bench seat for a 62. Of course I bow to those in the know.

Ok...looks like mystery is solved!

Someone pointed me to a Ford Decoder so the part break down using the first 4 digits of D8BB

D = the decade of manufacture in this case being 1970

8 = the year of that decade thus the seats were made in 1978 as we suspected

B = the model designation for example: Bronco 70-73, Fairmont 78-83

B = the division of Ford the part was designed for in this case Body

the decoder then goes to numerical sequences for individual parts with 60000 - 90000 referencing seats.

Then we get into substructure and class references.

Here's the link if anyone is interested: Ford Parts Number Decoder - Ford Maverick / Mercury Comet Forums

Thanks for the help.....