92 Riv?

Guest exnitro

Guest exnitro

My Riv acts like it's not getting fuel. Pulled the tank, replaced the strainer, new fuel filter, MAF sensor, IAC valve. Had plenty of pressure at the filter. Starts right up, drove about a mile then dies when comming to a stopsign. Starts right up again and got up to about 20 mph then starts dieing out again. I'm ready to start pulling my hair out, if I had any to pull! Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance:confused:

Guest exnitro

Well, guess I'll start checking wires. Just wish there weren't so many! Anyways, if I find the problem, I'll let you know. Thanks for the tip.:cool:

Guest exnitro

My book says some models, if the oil pressure is low, will shut off the fuel pump. My dash is digital and at idle the pressure is real high, when revved up to 2 grand it drops down to the middle. I'm wondering if the pressure sending unit is screwing with the pump signal. I've had many challenges since I've had this Riv. If it didn't ride and handle so good, I'd get rid of her!:confused:

On the fender wall next to the battery is a "ground" box. Many issues have started from there as well.

You might want to plead your case over at the Reatta site. As you know the '86 to '93 Riv. is much the same as the Reatta. Maybe someone there has additional ideas.

Guest exnitro

Checked the fuel pressure today. Reading was on the low side of specs. After pump quit, the pressure dropped about 4 lbs. Guess I'll put in another pump!

Thanks for the ideas

Guest exnitro

Finally fixed!! After all the hours and aching muscles, she runs good. Replaced the oil pressure sending unit and runs like new! I appreciate all the tips and advice. Thanks again!:)