Chrysler Imperial

MarkV

Ok, I am looking at a friend's Chrysler Imperial- 1981 with FS badges, but, I would like to know how to for sure know it is one and not a made up FS also it is not registering the mileage on the digital odo, and I was wondering how to fix this? also it is leaning a bit in the front and it appears that the shock is bad. Any info you guys have would be a big help! Thanks!

There should be a web site for this model somewhere. The Frank Sinatra edition did have a few features, for one they offered a special shade of blue to compliment Sinatra's eyes. There was a box of tapes in the trunk with his music on them. Possibly special upholstery etc but I don't recall for sure.

The odo I don't know. The suspension is by torsion bars and is adjustable. You have to be careful here. The adjuster for the right side is on the left and vice versa. I have seen guys try to correct a lean and made it worse because they cranked up the wrong side.

The shocks have nothing to do with ride height. Look for a sagging or broken spring in the back. If it is all in the front it can be adjusted up.

• 1 month later...

All things considered, I highly suspect that if it was a real "Frank Sinatra Edition", with the appropriate emblems and such, it IS. For the little extra one might be worth on the open market, the cost to duplicate one would be highly prohibitive. I would also suspect there is an option code on the data plate and/or a special model designation in the VIN ((i.e., "Special Edition" code or similar . . . Like CL usually was Chrysler Newport (before '67) and CH was Chrysler New Yorker)). Knowing Chrysler, it should be easy to verify via the data plate or VIN.

Of MORE importance would be whether or not the factory fuel injection system is still there and working well OR has been replaced with the Chrysler Fuel System kit, thereby becoming ThermoQuaded like the Cordobas and Miradas of that era.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)