Mr Clean auto wash

harry yarnell

Guest Richard D

Have you tried contacting the manfacture directly? I would think any auto detergent would work. Hard part is the water softening cartridge. Most have an 800 number or web site.

What do you guys like for cleaning 20+ y/o brake dust from the insides of wheels?

I bought a spare wheel the other week. Got a lot of the dust off with repeated applications of Meguiars #36 Wheel Cleaner and Blue Coral Tire and Wheel Cleaner. At least I can hold the wheel now without getting my hands black. But some of the dust is really embedded...

Guest Double M

I have one of these things at home. A freind donated it to a raffle I was running, but it never got raffled off. I will check to see what it has in it, it has a bunch of stuff including soap cartidges of some kind. I never used it, I dont even know how.

It is yours, free, just pay the shipping cost.

What the heck is so good about these things please?

What is great about the system is that the car truly dries completely spot-free without having to towel dry the car, wash it (don't need a bucket either), regular rinse, hit it with the filtered rinse, and the water rather than beading just sheets and then films away to nothing in about 10 minutes without a single spot. Griot's Garage sells a filter cartridge system (presumably higher capacity, but same premise) for about $ 130.00.

Shoot, when I wash any car it takes me longer to dry the car than it does to wash it....I have been using Sears Best leaf blower to dry cars. Gets every bit of the moisture from around lights, cracks, and crevices, but it sure takes a long time....I think I would really like the Mr. Clean thingie, and would consider the $ spent on the soap and filters well worth it.....going to break one of the ones I bought out, and try it this weekend (didn't know what I had). Any hints from those that are versed in its use please?

thanks,

Nic

It takes me about 15 minutes to wash a Reatta properly, and the same amount of time to blow it dry. The top rear brake light mounted on top of the body on a Roadster retains a great deal of water when either rained on or washed, and the leaf blower will get the majority of the water out (eliminates standing water in the crevices).

Anyway, I got one of the kits out and it looks pretty neat (think I paid 5.00 each with free shipping), but the kit only comes with a initial 3 wash compliment of soap and filter use :(. If it works as good as reported I wonder why they discontinued manufacturing???? I guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy a bunch of the stuff on Ebay. If anyone finds a more reasonable resource for the soad and filters please post. Oh, I think the soap is a special forumula that works with the drying process as well. I am going to give the kit a road test this weekend before I do buy a lot of the stuff....

Thanks,

Nic

• 4 weeks later...

Are you still looking for the Mr. clean stuff, I came across a store that is selling the complete kits for $4.95 EA. They have about 8 or 9 of them. I Have there phone # if intersted. Send me a PM, Bill WEB 38