peacock radiator cap?

Guest isaac102899

Guest isaac102899

I was digging in my back yard and found this cap. I have asked everyone i can think of nobody has been able to tell me what its from.any help would be appreciated.

post-70197-143138303738_thumb.jpg

post-70197-143138303754_thumb.jpg

post-70197-143138303766_thumb.jpg

Very interesting. The one I found on EBay looks just like that but it is used and has some damage. But it sure is the same mascot. And the person selling the one on EBay called it a swan. West called it a eagle. But the topknot sure looks more like a peacock and really nothing like a swan or an eagle. Hmmm.....:confused:

I remember digging at a friend's farm once and we hit the roof of what we believe was a late 30s coupe of some type - most likely Ford. He told me that in the old days farmers sometimes buried junk cars as it was a cheap way to fill an area in if they wanted to. Even though he was a collector we never did dig the whole car up; He sold out years ago but I am certain it is still there...

Very interesting. The one I found on EBay looks just like that but it is used and has some damage. But it sure is the same mascot. And the person selling the one on EBay called it a swan. West called it a eagle. But the topknot sure looks more like a peacock and really nothing like a swan or an eagle. Hmmm.....:confused:

Chevrolet called it an eagle. It's sculpture. I'm sure the artist took a little license to make it unique. It's also a next-generation ornament. The previous ones looked more like eagles, but you can see from whence it came.

Chevrolet called it an eagle. It's sculpture. I'm sure the artist took a little license to make it unique. It's also a next-generation ornament. The previous ones looked more like eagles, but you can see from whence it came.

In my search I did find a photo of a 1934 Chevy eagle mascot and it looked like an eagle for sure. Then I found the other one.