1955 Super 56R

JCK55buick

1955 Super 2dr Riviera (56R) for sale. Needs complete restoration, ran when parked many years ago. I purchased in 1979. Complete car with original 322 V-8 engine. Needs passenger side glass. I have accumulated several trim parts and would sell separately if needed.

$1,000.00. I will assist in loading. Currently stored in my warehouse and I need the space. Call Jeff at (308) 237-9428 or e-mail me at jknapp@lycos.com. Thanks!

post-50856-143138297558_thumb.jpg

post-50856-143138297584_thumb.jpg

post-50856-143138297607_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff

That is a desirable project . I have already purchased many this year alone. So resist posting. Not a lot of activity out there on projects.

I checked your footer. You have a pretty cool collection.

He sent me an ad for it last week, so will be in the November Bugle, but I have a feeling it might get sold before then--lot of car for the money, and a desirable model.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

I agree I love this car but I better not. I like 54's the best but you can't go wrong with any 50's large body 2 door hardtop Buick.

Bryan and John,

Thanks for your posts! I bought a decent driver 55 Roadmaster 76R a few years ago and decided the Super needs a good home! I am hoping that somebody has the time and talent to bring her back to life. For less than $5K I found an 83 Riv convertible about 35 miles away that I really wasn't looking for.....(you know how it goes) but could not pass it up! Now space becomes the issue! Thanks again for your interest!

I'll take it!!! The 83 Rivi convertible that is.:D

actually if it were closer I might be interested in the Super. I have a 54 front clip that would slip right on and make that ol 55 look like something.;):D

serioulsy, someone needs to grab this Super deal.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I know you love your 54s, Mr. Earl! They look kind of sad to me, must be the surround around the headlights or something! I've always been attached to the 55s and like them better than 54s or 56s. Guess it's good we don't all like the same thing, it would drive the prices up!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Still available! (308) 237-9428 (H) or (308) 233-5120 (W). Thanks!

I keep thinking about that car. It really represents a great value in project cars. I have checked Jaxed or Craigs List and see virtually every 54-56 offered, many in far worse shape for $1500 to $3000. Granted they probably don't sell but $1000 is truly a fair price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...