shots of my 67...back from paint

Guest lemmy-67

Guest lemmy-67

Here's some shots of my chariot. Got it from the original owner in Northridge, CA in 1994. Took a while to get it to this point, but I managed to locate a shop through some ROA contacts in Sacramento who handled the bodywork and paint. The same shop coordinated the interior, re-chroming, stripping, and front disc-brake conversion. I am very pleased.

I plan to use these and some future shots for a Riview feature.

DSC_6693.jpg

DSC_6677.jpg

DSC_6684.jpg

DSC_6692.jpg

DSC_6680.jpg

DSC_6686.jpg

DSC_6679.jpg

DSC_6674.jpg

DSC_6700.jpg

DSC_6682.jpg

Guest lemmy-67

Actually, the original color was Seafoam Green (H). I opted for something a little more appealing, and chose Chrysler code PC9, Jewel Blue Metallic. Looks great in the sunshine.

Looks great and I would imagine the sun would really set it off. I have a black 64 with blue interior and would like one day to paint it a dark blue. I found this color, don't know the paint code yet but it sure looks good.

DSC03825.jpg

How dark of a blue are you after? Here's a picture of my '85 coupe that is painted an '08 Ford Color - Blue Ink. It has a metalic in it as well. I was going to paint it black, but I didn't want a color combination of black exterior and blue interior.

Ed

Actually black on blue looks very nice, I just though a dark metallic blue would look even nicer. The pics in the sun that lemmy put up look about right for darkness. Quite similar to the Stang pic I put up, which is one of the colors the new Ford GT40's came in. Whenever I get around to painting it I'll probably go with that as I've actually seen it in person. I would like to be able to see the two colors you guys mentioned on cars in person but I'm not sure how easy that'll be. I'm a long way from painting it anyway.

Very nice work and a great color choice. Congrats on getting all that done. Much better than the light green.

Looks like a nice original car under the hood with the smog pump and all intact.

Definitely send some pics and story in to Ray for the Riview. I'll look for it in the future.

That's a nice looking car. That's really a good color on it

I worked with a gal in a restaurant back in the late 70's and she had one just like that. Her dog got loose one day and she chased after it in the car and got to a park and got the dog cornered. She got out of the car to get the dog and forgot to put the thing and park and it went down a hill and over a wall and flipped over upside down into the creek! I don't know anymore what Debbie did with it after that, but I guess they had a heck of a time getting out of the drink. Her's was an odd colored green.

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...